Join now - be part of our community!

KD43XD8305BU Network Connection Problems

SenorEvans
Explorer

KD43XD8305BU Network Connection Problems

Hi All, 

I recently bought this Android TV during black friday and was so pleased with the purchase. However, I'm now devastated by the fact i can't seem to access online content. YouTube comes up with 'check network connection'. A similar thing also happens with BBC I player and Google play. 

On the home page it says that I'm connected to the WiFi and that my signal strength is excellent. The router is literally behind the TV so there's no issue of other room syndrome. 

Digging around further when going to home_ settings_ network_ advanced settings_ network status it also says I'm connected. However, when I click check connection it says that a wireless device on TV is found but under local access it reads the ipv4:OK but ivp6:failed. Despite this, below this it says "Internet connected successfully, if you cannot access Internet content...." 

I have performed a factory reset which worked temporarily, but as soon as I turned the TV off and then switched it on again the same thing happened. I'm crestfallen as I'm no expert and was hoping it would just work smoothly. PLEASE HELP! 

Chris

9 REPLIES 9
SenorEvans
Explorer

Just an update, I've tried Netflix and that works fine. Surely this would need an Internet connection to work? On the downside, Google play says not connected to the Internet, when I press OK it takes me to the network page where it says I'm connected. Very confusing, please help! 

Coco-Cat
Explorer

I bought the exact same tv on Black Friday and I am getting the same problem, did you resolve yours?  When I go to the internet browser it says there is a security cerificate error no matter what site I go to, something about being x days in the future.  Do you get this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi both

Please ensure that you have the latest firmware installed, see HERE.  Once done, please perform a factory reset, see HERE.

@SenorEvans - As your router is literally behind the TV as you stated in your first post, I would advise you using an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi.

Cheers

Coco-Cat
Explorer

IMG_0583.JPGIMG_0585.JPG

SenorEvans
Explorer

Unfortunately I haven't resolved the issue and I don't get the same
problem. I'm going into currys today to see if someone can help and if that
doesn't work I'm ringing sony customer care on Monday. Good luck though, I
feel your pain!
Coco-Cat
Explorer

Thanks Quinnicus for your reply. I checked my software update and it is up to date, do I still need to do the factory reset?

Also, when I just tried going to google.co.uk I got the attached error, I tried restarting the router.IMG_0584.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Coco-Cat

Yes, Factory reset the TV - it can resolve many issues.  Also others on these forums stated that turning off IPV6 in the router settings helped.  If it still fails, can you test using an ethernet cable and change the TV network settings accordingly.  Just to rule out a wireless issue.

Cheers

Coco-Cat
Explorer

Just an update, my problem was due to the date and time on the tv being incorrect which caused the security certificate error. I corrected the date and time and it now works.

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Have you tried restarting Android?

I have the same set and find i have to do this once every 3 - 4 days, i get all sorts of strange errors. No internet, no live TV, You Tube stops half way through a video... all are sorting by restarting /resetting android.

Hold the power button on the remote for more than 10 seconds or until you see a message on screen. you'll not lose any settings.

regards,