Join now - be part of our community!

KD49XD8088bu on demand apps not loading

profile.country.GB.title
makeatl
New

KD49XD8088bu on demand apps not loading

We have recently purchased a Sony KD49XD8088 android TV. When we first set it up it did an update to the latest android version. It all seemed ok for a few days. Then none of the On demand services (BBC iPlayer, All4, ITV Hub, 5OD) would work properly. When you launch any of them it will say "loading, please wait"then the app will crash saying "an error has occurred, please try again". I Discovered that if you do a soft reset (hold down power button on the remote for 10 seconds) it cures this problem but only for what seems like a day or so then the On demand apps stop working again. I've tried disabling Youview to see if it was a problem related to the built in youview system but they still don't load properly. Netflix, amazon and you tube all work fine. We have also tried deleting the you view apps cache as recommended via the youview website support. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its interesting that the other apps like Netflix/YouTube work fine - therefore your network connection is OK.

I think its best to start with the normal troubleshooting process here:

• Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed (for your TV, it should be on v6.2602 - see HERE)
  • Once latest firmware is installed, perform a factory reset of the TV. Instructions HERE

Give that a go and see if it helps or resolves the problems.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
makeatl
New

Yes our network is fine everything else on the TV works fine. It's almost as if the catch up Apps or some part of them are filling up cache somewhere and not flushing out upon closing. 

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

makeatl wrote:

We have also tried deleting the you view apps cache as recommended via the youview website support. 

I'd rather delete the whole Android cache. After that you may also try to turn off the TV and unplug the power cord for few seconds. It did fix other kinds of problems I had.

If you still get the issue you may try to uninstall/reinstall all the apps nor working. And off course the last option is to do a "reset to factory settings"...

profile.country.GB.title
makeatl
New

How do you go about deleting the android cache?

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

In English (sorry, my TV is set in Italian), something like:

Settings/Memory/Internal Memory/Cache 

Then confirm with OK that you want to delete the cache.