Join now - be part of our community!

Kd55x8509 Hdmi issue

Chroma28
Explorer

Kd55x8509 Hdmi issue

I have a Sony kd55x8509c android tv, I've had it just over a month now.
The setup is a sky hd box run to a hdmi splitter then one feed goes to the Sony and one to a Samsung tv
When both TVs are turned on the TVs display the same 1080i picture correctly, but if I put the Sony into standby mode the picture will stay ok,but every roughly 15 minutes the screen goes blank only for a split second then returns to normal then after a few seconds it does it again maybe once or twice. It then works ok for another 15 minutes but then the same cycle happens again. If I disconnect the hdmi lead from the Sony then fault does not occur.
If the Samsung tv is off and the Sony to is on the problem does not occur.
Before I got the android TV I had a lg and the Samsung and they works perfectly on the same system.
I can only put it down to the sony TV having activity on the hdmi port whilst in standby,is the same as when the device handshakes, it needs the hdmi routine to completely shut down until the TV is powered back on?

i have 3 hdmi splitters ( I've tried them all) and I can see by the LEDs on them that indeed it is the Sony hdmi port that's doing something whilst the TVs is in standby, the splitter shows the Sony seems to disconnect for a split second then reconnect thus the reason for a re handshake and this causes the Samsung to blank. 

I have rebooted the Sony and made sure it's the latest firmware, but no change. Google say it's a problem for Sony and Sony say to reboot the tv. 

94 REPLIES 94
profile.country.GB.title
rayben1
Explorer

Hi, just to let you know, the NEET splitter that I recommended in my Feb 2017 post for this problem has not let the TV drop out even once in all of this time, you need the one with the dip switches and set it up as I  described in my post, it is a 100% cure if you do it as explained.

profile.country.GB.title
Beefgrits
Explorer

Stop recommending spending money on useless splitters :laughing:, I posted instructions on changing some tv settings, a while back, that totally fixed the problem without additional hardware. Sony is actually aware of this at some level, the information came from their support team. Basically, the tv is never really “off”, but tries going in to deep sleep but is kept active by the active hdmi signal. Preventing the deep sleep will prevent the hdmi renegotiation. Just search my screen name for the details of whatever it was that I posted.

profile.country.GB.title
rayben1
Explorer

Thanks for your reply, perhaps if you took the trouble to read my post you would realise that this is not a "useless splitter" it is one that works 100% and has been proven for over a year with no failures. I am offering an inexpensive alternative for the readers that don't want to leave their TV sets on all the time, that way they get the choice. I am sorry that you feel that I am trying to steal your thunder but I suffered from this problem for a long time and I don't mind sharing my findings, I am only trying to help. You are free do do as you please and so is everyone else.

profile.country.GB.title
Beefgrits
Explorer

No need to take offense, I thought the laugh emoji made it pretty clear that was said in humor. Anyway, the tv is always on either way, as is the nature of the Android OS, the difference is regular standby vs. whatever state change their “deep sleep” is. The splitter is useless because it requires a separate paid purchase to work around a product design flaw that has a separate free workaround when those affected obviously already have splitters or dual output av receivers. I’m also not seeking credit, I’ve mentioned before that the workaround came from Sony support, meaning they are aware of it but don’t care to fix it.

profile.country.GB.title
shindigger
Explorer

As this problem is most likely to occur when splitting a signal, its probably a good idea, if about to buy a switcher ANYWAY, to get one with the EDID feature.

I nearly bought THAT Neet 4 way switcher but opted for a lower cost USBNovel model which does not have EDID.

I went ahead and implemented the suggestion re the IP Control and everything is behaving itself for 4- days now.

Im very happy i found this thread as i was about to do a Keith Moon on this Sony TV.

Thanks to you both for the input. I think both solutions are worthy of mention.