Join now - be part of our community!

KD65XH9005....Getting your ps5 to work with a X-Rocker Infinity??

profile.country.GB.title
UKsonyveteran13
New

KD65XH9005....Getting your ps5 to work with a X-Rocker Infinity??

Problem....I have bought a ps5 and the KD65XH9005 TV. I am also using the Sony BDV E2100 surround sound blu-ray player. I have tried everything to get my X-Rocker Infinity 4.1 to work through this setup but to no avail. Previously I was using the Sony KD49XD8088 TV and the X-Rocker wireless adapter went into the green audio socket and worked no problem. The surround sound also worked perfectly with the chair connected. Since I purchased the KD65XH9005 I can't get the chair and the surround sound to work at the same time. I have bought audio connectors, splitters, all kinds. Can someone please help me with this??? Thanks in advance....

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Sorry but I don't know how you succeeded in getting surround sound from the headphone socket on the previous setup being it an analogue stereo output....Am I missing what you are really asking? Are you getting no sound at all?

profile.country.GB.title
UKsonyveteran13
New

no, the e2100 blu-ray player was the surround sound and that was through HDMI. the wireless adapter for the X-Rocker Infinity 4.1 chair was plugged into the headphone socket on the TV. just remembered something. when this setup was working, i only had the 2 front speakers on the e2100 plugged in. now, for some reason i have the 2 rear speakers plugged in as well. could this be affecting things?? 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't have a newer Sony TV (my latest is a 2017's A1), but from what I get the newer model do not allow to have headphone and external systems (or even internal speaker) active at the same time https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/haep2/v1/en/08-05_09.html?hl=headphone

profile.country.GB.title
UKsonyveteran13
New

i'm getting sound through the TV, PS5 & surround sound blu-ray player (All Sony) combo. its when i try to add the X-Rocker 4.1 chair where the problems arise. it all seemed to work with my last TV, Sony KD49XD8088, but i bought a KD65XH9005 and the chair doesn't seem to be recognised now

profile.country.GB.title
UKsonyveteran13
New

YOU DA MAN!!! that helped massively but there was one problem....when the USB/Micro USB that the X-Rocker wireless adapter needs for power was plugged into the TV, the TV thinks its got headphones plugged in so the sound goes off, but when the USB/Micro USB is plugged into the front of the blu-ray surround sound it all works beautifully. Thankyou my friend. Happy days....

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just guessing, maybe the tv recognize the USB device as an audio device ... in any case it seems you have solved in some way so I'm happy for you :wink: