Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43w755c and the screws that time forgot

Boughtabrava
Explorer

KDL-43w755c and the screws that time forgot

Hello, I bought a new KDL-43w755c in November and now want to wall mount it. I have a SU-WL450 and all ready to go when I notice the top wall mount screw holes on the back of the TV are too big for any of the screws from the SU-WL450.

In the manual there is mention of a Wall-Mount Attachment G which it says came with the TV. I have screws that look like the picture but they only fit in the bottom two wall mount holes, not the top two

Now I rang the helpdesk to see about the missing attachments but they had no reference on the bolts that were in the tv manual, instead focusing on the SU-WL450. They never called back.

Anyone know the dimensions on these two Wall-Mount Attachments G (page 13 in the manual)

Where can I get them.  Any help would be welcome.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Looking at the manual for the TV and the WL450, this should be included -tv first.

_20160211_232518.JPG

_20160211_232608.JPG

Boughtabrava
Explorer

Yes, Item G that is meant to come with the TV. Anyone know how I get this item or even the dimensions so I could try to get a generic replacement?

I saw a VESA conversion kit that looks like them may work but the problem is this;

Item G seems to be an extender. It screws into a hole that is wider then the hole it itself provides at the other end. This seems unique. I emailed the parts and support and am waiting for a reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Looking at the manual for your TV, it seems this attachment is the same for my KDL-43W805C. Ive had a quick search, but having a hard time finding this too.  Posting a couple of photos that may help you.  

Could you not go back to the retailer you purchased it from and see if they can help?

DSCN0688.JPG

DSCN0696.JPG

DSCN0699.JPG

Boughtabrava
Explorer

Okay spent a few minutes in a hardware shop and they are M6 Female to M8 male thread adapter, which after I googled them turn out to cost about €1 each. So going to go see if I can get some tomorrow in a larger hardware shop.

No unfortunatly I cannot go back to the shop I bought the tv from. If I cant find them anywhere I will try to ring the parts helpline again as now I know what it is I am after.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Did you manage to get the right adaptor bolts?

Cheers