Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W805C - Google Play Store Empty?

SOLVED
pantalej
Explorer

KDL-43W805C - Google Play Store Empty?

Hello all,

I have a problem with the Google Play Store. When I open the application its Home screen flickers with what is supposed to be shown, you know... apps and such, and then it goes empty - there is nothing shown. As seen here: device-2015-12-13-172513.png

Anyone have the same problem? Or better yet a solution?

57 REPLIES 57
profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

STILL EMPTY AFETR 3.317 UPDATE

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know... :cry:

Unfortunately this one is prooving difficult for Sony to figure out - simply because they are unable to replicate the issue in their lab testings.  So investigation of this issue is ongoing.

alinux33
Explorer

alinux33
Explorer

Being less sarcastic, maybe the issue should be raised somewhere else, where more experienced devs might give better ideas on how to fix the problem, I mean Xda-Developers community. 

Hopefully this issue will be resolved very soon. Good luck!

relliKW
Explorer

Same here. Only games in Play Store. TV is 43W755C

Apps are visible in search, but not in the categories or in My Apps.

Latest firmware in Bulgaria.

profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

With this new update it.s not showing apps from the very beggining after hard reset. Before, after a hard reset it would work until google play store was updated to 6.0.2 leanback. Now after hard reset with google 5.10.32 EMPTY from the beggining. After play store updates to 6.0.2 it.s not asking for licence agreement anymore but still EMPTY. Sony do something

Axel_ost
Explorer

I have the exact same issue on a W756C. 

Is this issue still having the same status as seen here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately i have seen no new updates on this problem.  So unfortunately status remains as unresolved.

Cheers

Axel_ost
Explorer

Hey! Thanks for the fast reply.

I have submited this issue to the local Sony representatives and hopefully I will have a feedback on this to get at least a timeline. Will post it here once available.

EDIT: Well, the response was obvious...a factory reset but I was hoping to get more info. However, I have performed a new reset and it seemed it did the trick at first but after 10-15 minutes I could only see top free and top paid apps and also categories from the bottom of the menu.

Even so, I will keep bugging Sony with this.

There was something different though - I think my first configuration of the internet and google play account was performed by cable. This time I did it on wireless.

Not sure if this will help solve the above issues for other tv's but might as well share it.

Cheers!

tercopettinato
Explorer

Today after the last update 3.395, on my KDL55W808C can't connect to google store any more. It says Server error... I tried all the clear cache and other stuff "fixes", but nothing works...