Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W808C problem with LCD screen panel

west1989
Explorer

KDL-43W808C problem with LCD screen panel

I purchased Sony bravia model - KDL-43W808C last Saturday in Tbilisi, Georgia, alta (www.alta.ge/index.php?sl=EN). When I first turned the TV on, the colors were all messed up, especially at the top left corner, but when I brought it to the SONY service center today (in Tbilisi), the color problem at the top left corner escalated even more and even though it didn't show up on the surface, when they turned the TV on it looked like the corner was cracked underneath the screen. After they saw the problem, they informed me that the warranty didn't cover the damage like that.
Also I should point out that the Serial NO on the TV and on the box didn't match.

Can you please help or advise me what should I do?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As its brand new, i would take it straight back to the retailer you purchased it from.  I wouldnt bother trying to get it repaired, get them to exchange it with another.

Cheers

west1989
Explorer

As I meantioned in the above poste, they refuse to exchange it with another, saying that the waranty doesn't cover the mentiond damage.
I would like to know if you yourself work in SONY and if you do is it possible to help me with the retailer, as they are refusing to refund or exchange with the new one (also they are claiming that they are official partners with SONY in the country of Georgia).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont work for Sony, but do have contact with them when necessary.  If the damage was there right from the start, id tell the retailer where to go to be honest.  However, being that this forum is mainly UK based, we have different consumer laws to what you may have.

As i do not know how to advise you on this - other than the retailer route, I will escalate this to Sony Support for them to contact you and hopefully sort this situation out.  Please make sure you have the correct contact details in you account profile.

Cheers

west1989
Explorer

There is email address in my account profile. The situation is very confusing, I payed a lot of money for this product and it is not working. I hope SONY will help me to find a solution for this problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In the meantime, i dont suppose Georgia has any type of consumer advice agencies or Ombudsman or someone that helps arbitrate disagreements between customer and retailer?  If so, you might want to consider contacting them?

Cheers

west1989
Explorer

If I have no other way, Probebly I'll make an appeal to the court.

I've attached images

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

as you see, there is a damage at the top left corner in first image.

And also they said me there is no difference between box and TV serial numbers. The second image is from TV and the last is from box