Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-48W705C LED issues

crazy.grizzly
Explorer

KDL-48W705C LED issues

Hi everybody

Bought this TV about four months ago. And a week ago discovered these 'lights' on bright images on right top corner of TV display. Can somebody say what is this?hhCqPFyb2ik.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It looks like light bleed to me - as this TV is edge lit.  If your not happy, suggest going back to your retailer for an exchange or repair.  

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Check around the plastic frame to see if there are cracks or scratches at the point of connection between front and back cover. Was your TV a brand new when you bought this, or a used-repaired one?

Those points of light could be at the front of plastic clips that connect front and rear parts of frame and where violently broken during a removal and by mistake the plastic bend broke or injured your LCD.

If your TV is new or thought it was new, then you need a replacement because this kind of issue gets worse over time.

crazy.grizzly
Explorer

Well.. TV was new and it looks like new. No scratches or something like this. And as I said it happened about a week ago.. I'll go to my retailer soon for repair or exchange. Thanks for the answer

liam1992
New

same tv as you and same issue exactly. also some double sided tape started sliding down from between the panel and front bezel. seems like a design flaw with that soft skin across the back of the scree. does yours get red hot too?