Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W807c Question

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
stbyars
New

KDL-50W807c Question

Hi, OK so my kids have managed to switch the menu language from English to Russian ! Now I dont seem to be able to switch it back..

Using google translate (in camera mode) I have searched the menu in Russian for the language settings and have been unable to find them.. System settings just has keyboard and voice language settings.. no menu language options.

Here's what I have tried:

TV Reboot

Factory settings reset

Latest firmware update via USB..

None of them have helped. It also looks as if the tv is stuck in  limited user mode .. again I have been unable to exit this, even using the pin code 9999.. Is there another way to factory reset, via remote or download and USB ? Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
stbyars
New

Thanks, yes apparently there is more than 1 type of hard reset.. Sony sent
me another way of doing it that sorted the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Are you sure you've performed a factory reset? Because if you have done this all of the TV's data and settings (Wi-Fi and wired network setting information, Google account and other login information, Google Play and other installed applications, etc.) will be erased, and the TV will return to how it was at the time of purchase.

You can see more details on how to perform this here.

If you're still having the issues you mentioned, I would get in touch with the Sony Support team for further assistance here.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
stbyars
New

Thanks, yes apparently there is more than 1 type of hard reset.. Sony sent
me another way of doing it that sorted the problem.
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again, 

Pleased to hear you've resolved the issue.

Best wishes,

Sean