Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W809C Solid red light all night

saraj679
Explorer

KDL-55W809C Solid red light all night

I have a KDL-55W809C and after I turned it off to go to bed the white led light came on like it normally does to check for an update then it turned solid red. Its been solid red all night (so  over 10 hours) and tv won't turn on

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A solid red light on Sony Android based TVs normally indicates that the TV is recording.

If the red light was blinking (which in your case is not) - then this is the TVs self diagnosis mode.  Number of blinks equals the error.

I do not have any other information about a solid red light and TV not turning on.  Suggest pulling the plug for 15 minutes as well as removing ALL other connections to the TV (i.e. HDMI, aerials, USB Drives etc).  After 15 minutes and all other cables disconnected, try reconnecting the power again and see how it goes.

If the TV fails to power on, it may need to be repaired by an authorised Sony repair centre, see:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
don4ksony
New

I have 2 sony 4k tvs which both exhibit the solid red light in the morning after being

off all night.  Sony claims that there is a problem recording however they cant

explain what is being recorded by the TV since I have never used a thumb drive

or any recording device to record what the TV is playing.  They have tried to

convince me it might be the DirectTV genie connected to one of them had an error while recording howerver

direct tv points out that the genie does not report recording errors to the TV because

there is no requirement that the tv even be on while recording and it never has been on when this

happens. .  The other tv has a

dvd recorder which we rarely use and has never been in recording mode anytime this

error occurred over night.  Both started exhibiting the problem after the Feb 2018 softweare

update and continued after the March 2018 update.   It happens about 1 once a week and

never on the same night on both TVs.   The TV can be turned on after about 2 attempts from

the remote control and it then goes through a Android reboot and works well for several

days more.  Model numbers - xbr65x850d  and xbr49x830c   both with software update

pkg65.381.01676nab.  Can anyone suggest what might be the problem and some other

possible fixes than sonys usual  "factory reset"?