Join now - be part of our community!

Kodi Thumbanils

profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

Kodi Thumbanils

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me please because I have reached to the point where i am picking my hair out.

I have a Sony tv XE9005 with Kodi (17.1) installed from the Google Play Store. I have added movies using smb share from my external nas. I can see thumbnails for on main deck for recently added and in progress movies however, when I go to videos, all i see is blank folders, no thumbnails. I have scanned the library using all different scrappers, deleted/reinstalled kodi to an older version/ changed the shares from smb to nfs but still I am unable to generate thumbnails in videos.

I have also tried adding a folder as a favorite but cannot see thumbnails for that either.

I have added the same movies collection on my windows 10 pc using smb shares, all thumbnails show fine. Its just that kodi on Sony tv does not show the thumbnails properly. 

Is there some sort of issue with Android software on sony tv that does not allow caching of thumbnails properly or something is not right?

See the screenshots

Any help please?

This is how it is showing.JPG
How it is supposed to show.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

Anyone?

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

you should really use "movies" category and not "videos".

profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

I agree but movies show all my videos together and does not sort out movies according to animation/documentaries etc.

secondly what could be wrong with showing no thumbnails for folders added through the shares? Since these shares work fine on my other devices.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can only really point you to the Kodi forums on this im afraid. Although I note that you already have posted their too: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314109

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

Yes. I am 100% sure it is something do with Andoid installed on Sony not giving correct permeasions to smb shares to cache the thumbnails.

lets see if some genius can figure out.

cheers

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@lollypop11 wrote:

I agree but movies show all my videos together and does not sort out movies according to animation/documentaries etc.

secondly what could be wrong with showing no thumbnails for folders added through the shares? Since these shares work fine on my other devices.

there's nothing wrong. It's just that kodi doesn't show thumbnails in filemanager mode which is what you are using in first picture.

What you can do is, add some tags in "movies" view and than add yours accordingly.

profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

This is not file manager mode; it is in "videos" section.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

sure. But your view in the first picture is under "files".

profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

Yes it is. I go to videos, files and then english folder which has all the movies sorted in thier own folders.

But the thing is my other system such as windows pc is showing thumbnails in movies section and in videos section. so does mrmc on apple tv 4 which is a forked verion of kodi.

I could be wrong but i am sure it is something to do with permessions or write access to andoid system on sony tv. I just read this thread where people are complaining about the similar writing permessions:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/writing-on-usb-disks-impossible-on-marshmallow/td-p/22975...