Join now - be part of our community!

Laggy use with Bluetooth Gamepad

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

Laggy use with Bluetooth Gamepad

I've bought two iPega Pg-9037 gamepads. They are working great with all Bluetooth devices I tested them with, including Philips Android-TV, Mi box 3, and several Android phones. But they does of course not work with my Sony XD8505, they connects but it take a second or two between pushing a button untill the TV react. Easy to play games that way? Or it is almost impossible to even navigate to a game and start it using the gamepds with this TV. 

Anyone else has this problem and is there any solution?

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.NL.title
Flashlab2

I have a Dualshock 4 V2 and XD93 55" on firmware 3.885.

profile.country.RU.title
Andreiii
Explorer

Flashlab2 написано:

I have a Dualshock 4 V2 and XD93 55" on firmware 3.885.

GREAT answer:

In regards to your query Dual Shock 4 has begun to brake the system.
Please note the following Due to the PlayStation Now service ending, all DUAL SHOCK®4 controllers (including CUH-ZCT1xxx) are no longer supported.
For further information regarding the end of this service, visit the following website.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/02/15/playstation-now-service-update/
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.
Thank you for your inquiry.
Yours sincerely,
Mohamed M.Rasmi

Great! Why do fix firmware and sluggish of devices, we will just kill the service and remove support of all DS4 controllers! Like Youtube app in old TV sets. And why is PS Now here? I connect only to Google Play when I'm gaming.

profile.country.GB.title
addy1973
Explorer

Im not happy about them removing ds4 , is this legal as they sold the tv with this feature. and i still get reboots, and i cant beleive we only get half Youview, ill Never buy Sony again.

profile.country.NL.title
Flashlab2

I don't care about PS Now but do care about using my DS4 on my TV. Now that this problem suddenly popped up I'm not sure if they messed up bluetooth altogether or if it's "just" DS4 bluetooth connectivity.

I was planning on buying two Logitech F710 gamepads but read that these are wifi and have limited range and need a USB port for each controller. Then using two DS4s would be better but well... now not anymore.

Is there any TV brand that implements AndroidTV without all the bugs and issues and a decent SoC? I don't want another seperate box like a Shield...

profile.country.RU.title
Andreiii
Explorer

Flashlab2 написано:

I have this annoying bug too. For 30 seconds it's ok and then lags. I didn't have this problem on Lollipop; it started on Mashmallow. It seems it's not only on our TV sets but on Android in general:

I tried DS4 v1 on Marsmallow (3.885 fw) - it works fine, without lags at Home screen and games. But the games are still sluggish, I can't remove old controller from Real Racing 3, maybe it is the old gamepad's influence, that I can't remove. 😃

profile.country.NL.title
Flashlab2

So maybe the lag is only with DS4 v2... Those are unfortunalety not available anymore new. Buying a second hand worn out controller is not something I'm going to try...

profile.country.RU.title
Andreiii
Explorer

Flashlab2 написано:

So maybe the lag is only with DS4 v2... Those are unfortunalety not available anymore new. Buying a second hand worn out controller is not something I'm going to try...

I've bought v1 yesterday. New. Just search.

profile.country.RU.title
Andreiii
Explorer

Andreiii написано:

I tried DS4 v1 on Marsmallow (3.885 fw) - it works fine, without lags at Home screen and games. But the games are still sluggish, I can't remove old controller from Real Racing 3, maybe it is the old gamepad's influence, that I can't remove. 😃

I've done factory reset. The same. It's not v2 influence. Maybe android 6.0 issues with this game on Sony tv