Join now - be part of our community!

Laggy use with Bluetooth Gamepad

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

Laggy use with Bluetooth Gamepad

I've bought two iPega Pg-9037 gamepads. They are working great with all Bluetooth devices I tested them with, including Philips Android-TV, Mi box 3, and several Android phones. But they does of course not work with my Sony XD8505, they connects but it take a second or two between pushing a button untill the TV react. Easy to play games that way? Or it is almost impossible to even navigate to a game and start it using the gamepds with this TV. 

Anyone else has this problem and is there any solution?

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Well... I only know that with the PS4's DualShocker 4 (DS4) it works great. I am afraid Sony's tvs don't like much other companies controllers. Actually they don't even like the PS3's DS3. Via Bluetooth it doesn't connect at all. At least does it work wired? Not that I would wire a gamepad to a television. A bit of too much action and the tv may end down on the floor. Just for testing.

profile.country.GB.title
tractor9

I use  a Droidbox Gamepad pro V2 and have no problems with lag etc.The device was easily recognised.via bluetooth.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Please see the FAQ: HERE for which controllers or gamepads are compatible.

Cheers

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi there

Please see the FAQ: HERE for which controllers or gamepads are compatible.

Cheers

Hi! 

Yes, I saw that compatibility list. But I still wonder what Sony do to their TVs to brake support for other devices since for example iPega controllers are compatible with I would say any Android or Android-TV device on the market except Sony TVs. I guess Sony does this on purpose just to force their TV customers to buy the expensive Playstation controller. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

In theory, if both the TV and gamepad controller supports the required bluetooth protocols then it should all work fine.  I know this is a long-shot and a stab in the dark, but have you considered a factory reset?  It might clear any issue or cache memory and help?

As Playstation Now is discontinued on these TVs - Sony no longer officially support the DS4 controllers on the TV.

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

@Quinnicus wrote:

In theory, if both the TV and gamepad controller supports the required bluetooth protocols then it should all work fine.  I know this is a long-shot and a stab in the dark, but have you considered a factory reset?  It might clear any issue or cache memory and help?

As Playstation Now is discontinued on these TVs - Sony no longer officially support the DS4 controllers on the TV.

I might give it a try with a factory reset. Thanks for the information regarding the DS4 controller. 

profile.country.NL.title
Flashlab2

I have this annoying bug too. For 30 seconds it's ok and then lags. I didn't have this problem on Lollipop; it started on Mashmallow. It seems it's not only on our TV sets but on Android in general:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab4-10-1/528898-ps4-ds4-dual-shock-4-controller-de...

I tried side loading Bluetooth Auto Connect 4.2.2 and performed the recommended actions but unfortunately this doesn't work on Sony Bravias...

If anyone has a solution for Sony Bravia please share!

I was thinking of investing in a Logitech F710 but reviews of the range on that device are very mixed...

profile.country.RU.title
Andreiii
Explorer

Android 6?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Flashlab2

Thanks for replying to this thread.  Can I ask what gamepad/controller you have?  As it would be good to try and see if there is any similarities etc. Especially is many others experience the same problem.  Also TV model number too :tv:

Cheers