Join now - be part of our community!

Latest Firmware update 6.7205 (May 22nd 2022) for Bravia KD55A1 causes TV to randomly shutdown

profile.country.IE.title
Colorl
Explorer

Latest Firmware update 6.7205 (May 22nd 2022) for Bravia KD55A1 causes TV to randomly shutdown

Hi there recently installed latest update 6.7205. Randomly now the TV becomes unresponsive. Requiring a power cycle by disconnecting from the mains.

The first time I encountered the issue (two days ago) I had to perform a factory reset as the TV did not respond to the remote and would not power on via the TV power button. I then brought the firmware back to the lastest version. TV still randomly powers down.

Anyone with similar issues with this new firmware?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Bandito74
Explorer

KDaf8

I tried screen/panel  refresh and that does not work. Just updated mine too. Factory reset unplugged the plug.With support now.

Reason why I panel refresh was I thought picture was poor compared with before update.

I have had lots of support from Sony mainly software issues.Two weeks of when I bought the tv.

I must admit that last three updates have improved the tv-I think there is further to go-but if they did that you would not buy a new tv! Its a pity that that there is not a seperate box connected to the screen like Samsung that you can upgrade.

Piscie
Community Team

Hi Colorl, how did you downgrade the software? You can try to clear the cached data by pressing (settings - device preferences - storage - cached data ), then restart and check again.