Join now - be part of our community!

Live Channels app - no programme information on guide

profile.country.GB.title
arronshields

Live Channels app - no programme information on guide

Hi, 

Anyone tried using the Live Channels app instead of the awful YouView experience?  It installs fine, finds all the digital channels just fine and the interface is lovely and clean and most importantly fast BUT no programme information on the guide at all??! 

Anyone any ideas why it's not pulling the guide info? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi and welcome to the community.

Can you tell us which TV model you're using?

Thanks,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
arronshields

Hi, thanks for replying. It's a KD-43X8305C, running Android 6.x. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, the app pulls in the digital TV channels as well as channels available from apps.

The channels from apps get guide info, but the regular digital freeview channels don't get any programme or guide info at all, just blank bars. 

Any ideas welcome!

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi,

It may be worth checking the TV help guide here to see if you can find any info about this as I can't find anything definitive at the moment. 

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

There is nothing you can do about it. Sony does not fully implement Google's TV Input Framework. They use their own TV implementation... which su***.

profile.country.GB.title
arronshields

Thanks @EdwinaU, everything there pertains to Sony's own EPG I think, not the Google one. I'll have another look though.

Thanks @Kuschelmonschter, that's disappointing but not unexpected given how Android TV has been implemented generally on these TVs. What a massive missed open goal.