Join now - be part of our community!

Will TV remote control soundbar volume ??

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
37petersongmail.com
Explorer

Will TV remote control soundbar volume ??

I am considering the purchase of Bravia KD43XE8005 and a HT-CT 290 or a HT-CT 390 Soundbar

Will the TV remote control the volume of the either of the soundbars

...I do not like having two remotes !!

Any other issues that I should know about ??

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
37petersongmail.com
Explorer

Hi

Many thanks for that

I have looked at the specs and the soundbars have HMDI (ARC) and the TV has HMDI (ARC) and HMDI (CEC) -so hopefully it will all work with one remote

I will ask the Sony 'expert' in John Lewis to confirm this !!!

View solution in original post

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

No need for confirmation, they'll work with the tv remote being braviasync enable all of them . But be carefull to look also at other specification for the soundbar, since the main goal is the sound....

profile.country.GB.title
37petersongmail.com
Explorer

Thanks for those replies  ...bought Sony soundbar  - all works fine with Humax remote

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In  order to control the Soundbar you should chose  one with an hdmiarc connection to tv and hdmicec compatibility.  

profile.country.GB.title
37petersongmail.com
Explorer

Hi

Many thanks for that

I have looked at the specs and the soundbars have HMDI (ARC) and the TV has HMDI (ARC) and HMDI (CEC) -so hopefully it will all work with one remote

I will ask the Sony 'expert' in John Lewis to confirm this !!!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

No need for confirmation, they'll work with the tv remote being braviasync enable all of them . But be carefull to look also at other specification for the soundbar, since the main goal is the sound....

profile.country.GB.title
37petersongmail.com
Explorer

Thanks for those replies  ...bought Sony soundbar  - all works fine with Humax remote