Join now - be part of our community!

LNB overload detected

profile.country.GB.title
sadikyalcin
Explorer

LNB overload detected

Hi everyone,

I bought KD-49XF8796 model back around September. Always had this issue but I was assuming it was the LNB as it was quite old. However, I've replaced it today and I still have the problem. When I turn the TV on, I always get the "LNB overload detected" warning and there is no signal. I have to wait anything between 5 - 10 minutes to few hours each time.

I've tried the same dish with our old echostar satellite receiver which has no issues at all.

Can someone please advise on what I could do? I've tried contacting support but getting an access denied after I submit the form :expressionless:

Screenshot 2019-02-19 at 01.03.40.png

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.US.title
torjoc
Explorer

@mars2020  thanks for the info. I will try your suggestion also. Meanwhile, if you find a solution to record all the channels, please let me know. 

I have the exact same setup that you have. A digital cable TV service with a CI+ CAM module.

Thanks

profile.country.US.title
torjoc
Explorer

@mars2020 is live tv pause working when you remove the CI+? Recording is working for me but not live tv pause. 

profile.country.RO.title
mlozoveanu
Explorer

CI+ adapter from metal cause the issue with LNB /recording. Waiting to be delivered the CI+ plastic to see if the issue reappears.

Ticket raised with Sony and got the above feedback. Without CI inserted recording is working fine, but not able to access the coded channels.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi mlozoveanu, I'm not sure if there's a Sony TV that records from CI, what's the model of your TV?

profile.country.RO.title
mlozoveanu
Explorer

Hi HannahEd01, A8 series and hope will work with the new CI+ card. The guy from local sony support recommended to request from local cable provider a compatible CI+ with my TV, however looking over cable provider website there is only one type :slight_smile: so...I have to wait few weeks until will be delivered as it's out of stock now.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi mlozoveanu, do let us know how will it go!

profile.country.RO.title
mlozoveanu
Explorer

Hi,

After almost 5 months received the new CI+ card (plastic) and the recording is working on the coded channels, except the 4k.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi mlozoveanu, thank you for sharing the update, I'm sure more users will benefit from it. Best wishes.

profile.country.DK.title
Hattens
Explorer

Hej mlozoveanu

I have the same problem with my Sony TV KD-55A85 4K OLED, when I remove CI+ CAM I can record broadcarsts, but can play well when it is in.

I want to hear where you got a CI+ CAM in plastic from, as I can not find one on the net.

Hattens

profile.country.RO.title
mlozoveanu
Explorer

Hi Hattens,

Requested from local TV carrier, in my case DIGI TV.