Join now - be part of our community!

LNB overload detected

profile.country.GB.title
sadikyalcin
Explorer

LNB overload detected

Hi everyone,

I bought KD-49XF8796 model back around September. Always had this issue but I was assuming it was the LNB as it was quite old. However, I've replaced it today and I still have the problem. When I turn the TV on, I always get the "LNB overload detected" warning and there is no signal. I have to wait anything between 5 - 10 minutes to few hours each time.

I've tried the same dish with our old echostar satellite receiver which has no issues at all.

Can someone please advise on what I could do? I've tried contacting support but getting an access denied after I submit the form :expressionless:

Screenshot 2019-02-19 at 01.03.40.png

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @sadikyalcin,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community! I suggest you disconnect your SAT coaxial cable from both, the TV and LNB. Then cut off the F-connectors on both ends, and reinstall (preferably new) F-connectors on both ends again. The issue you are facing is due to the centre conductor wire making contact with either the connector edge, the connector itself or the shielding wire around the white dielectric.

So have a look at your F-connectors and keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

COAXIAL_16-01-01.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
sadikyalcin
Explorer

Thanks for replying @dutchice. I've actually got a satellite expert yesterday replacing the LNB, the cable and he cut the tip of the cable and re-placed the F-connector. What the guy said was which I'm not going to buy 100% but he said the input is a bit flakey and the connecter is not making a full impact. However, like I said, it's been like this since my first ever use of the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Thanks for taking your time to update us. So is the issue now resolved after replacing the F-connector on the LNB side?

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
sadikyalcin
Explorer

Unforunately not. But what I've realised is, if I've had the TV on for a while and reboot, I don't have the issue. But if the TV is off for around 15 mins or so, back in the limbo. I've managed to get in touch with support, they've asked for an image of the error so they investigate it further. Fingers crossed.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

I suggest you investigate where along the line from the TV to the LNB the short-circuit is happening. In addition I would also recommend to replace the F-connector on the TV side. If you are making use of switches somewhere along the line, possibly that is where to look for the problem first.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
sadikyalcin
Explorer

I've already replaced the F-connector on the TV side. Like I said initially, if I plug the cable into my old echostar sat receiver, I don't have any issues. I'm in touch with support via emails so maybe you can close this topic as they are dealing with this.

profile.country.US.title
torjoc
Explorer

Hello guys,

I recently bought this KD-65XG8577 Android TV. I was using the live tv HDD Recording function before on a Phillips Android Tv and it was working just fine. After I've got this new Sony one guess what? Live TV recording or pause not working at all. 

I get the following message in the error list:

"Programme could not be recorded. An LNB overload was detected. Please check your satellite connection."

Just to be clear, I called a satellite expert, replaced all the switches, f-connectors, checked the signal and everything is just fine. 

I restored factory settings, reconfigured everything again and no success. 

HDD registered successfully.  

If somebody has any tips or ideas please let me know, as I do not have any option left. 

Thank you in advance.  

profile.country.RO.title
mars2020
Explorer

@torjoc I'm experiencing the same issue on a KD-65XG9505 and I don't even use a satellite connection. I have a digital cable TV service. After many tests, I've discovered that if I remove the CI+ CAM module/card from the TV I can record the TV channels, but of course only those that are free to view (not scrambled). It's very annoying to not be able to record ANY channel (no matter that is scrambled or not) if I have a CI+ CAM module inserted in the TV. As a first step, I'll try to replace the CAM module with a newer one from my TV service provider. The one that I'm using is a little bit old (approx 5 years) and it seems that they upgraded the technology (from Irdeto to Nagra 5). However, for watching TV channels, the current one is working just fine.

I hope it helps.

profile.country.GB.title
sadikyalcin
Explorer

For future visitors, my problem has not been resolved. If somebody does find a solution, please do share it with us.