Join now - be part of our community!

Looking for remote controller with gyro and scroll

profile.country.LV.title
GogolBordell0
Explorer

Looking for remote controller with gyro and scroll

I am looking for remote control with gyroscope and scroll, same as LG AN-MR18BA 

Required Input Capabilities: Pointing, Drag & Drop, Wheel, Voice Recognition

Does anyone had ever seen somethig similar for Android TV?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you try the Sony app Video&TV side view on your smartphone? It has everything you are asking for....

profile.country.LV.title
GogolBordell0
Explorer

Thank you for advise, but I would like to have separate remote control device for my TV, there is no gyroscope fuctionality (so you can very fast and easy to use cursor on the screen) and scroll wheel in your suggested app. Ideally it must be similar or the same as LG Magic Remote I did mentioned. I can not understand why Sony keep providing remote controls from the last century, are there any patent registered by LG that no one can use this technogoly in remote controls? I have seen some eamples of WiFi or Bluetooth remote controls on AliExpress, with gyroscope, but no scroll wheel.

Actually my decision was between LG beacause of remote control and Sony because of image quality, but now using this horrible remote control on Android TV, I am very disappointed by my choise and my next TV will be definatelly LG only because of remote control. With the image quality it will be not such an issue for me.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Sony has finally revised the remote on the very latest model, but they are still "classical remote". LG magic remote is kind of controversial and no other brand is following them, not even Sammy. Personally I found it not practical at all, but I can understand someone like you fall in love for it. Likewise for voice recognition, I prefer a remote button over telling to a google home o alexa "please switch on my tv" ! But this is valid for me.

Coming back to the app, it doesn't recognize gesture via a gyroscope, but it can implement a mouse or a pad and related scrolling. And voice recognition too (not for iOS if I remember well).

profile.country.LV.title
GogolBordell0
Explorer

Just interested, have you being ever tried LG Magic Remote in life, lets say for a week at least? I am very suprised that someone can find them not usefull, especially the previous generation with only a few buttons (LG Magic Motion Remote Control AN-MR400H).

With current Sony remote I always keep pressing TV button accidentally (down of the central circle) this annoys me every time. I don't understand does Sony engineers are so old, there is no focus group of young people to test their products?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I used the one supplied with an LG c7 I suggested to a friend who didn't want to spend more for a Sony TV (I have a kd55a1) and since I am an OLED fan I prefer to suggest an LG against any kind of LCD even if Sony . It make me crazy to try to point the feature I want on the screen instead of moving with the classical arrows buttons. But this is me :wink:
profile.country.LV.title
GogolBordell0
Explorer

What about OLED burn-in effect if you watch TV Channels with logo? A bit offtopic, but who cares :wink:

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Never seen any problem related to that. Unless you look at CNN 24 hours a day.
I just won't suggest an OLED maybe if your primary use is gaming
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@GogolBordell0 

"off topic" used to be one of our greatest delights here many

moons ago and is always welcome :slight_smile:

994fb238e81bc5c10f6c8ee05cc33a1e161ae3b9a86290a9540855b3c0943eca.jpg