Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Not yet. 

I waiting for OTA.

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

I have a week from updating Android 7 (v5.381on my 43w808c TV. OTA, of course.
Everything works well, just the menu is redesigned, it's smaller.

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

Thanks Gabize!
profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

New OTA update v5.417... just made it and the TV is functional. No stress...

profile.country.GB.title
James-1990

Have you still got this tv

profile.country.GB.title
ninesr
Explorer

Has there ever been a definitive fix for this issue? Just encountering it now myself having disconnected the screen from the mainboard in order to replace the backlights. Upon connecting everything back up I'm now getting this fault. Like others I'm still getting sound. The model is an out of warranty KD-49X8005C. Thanks!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Sorry I do not understand, you opened the tv and now you have problems ... I do not think there many others in here who are even capable to open a tv (including me) let alone understand why what you did is not working...