Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

Sony, shame on you! Give us all a new tv and appology!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vacalimar wrote:

Sony, shame on you! Give us all a new tv and appology!

Hi @vacalimar

Can you please explain what issue you currently have - unfortunately your post above is lacking detail in order for someone to assist you.

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

same issue as you.. my tv is 755c... I'm waiting for tv service which is only 400 km from my town.

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

I just took it to a service center...I'm scared of what to expect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vacalimar wrote:

I just took it to a service center...I'm scared of what to expect.

Hi there

I understand your concerns - however it is my opinion that the 3 cases that have come back with the wrong model are isolated incidents of which Sony are putting corrective measures to help prevent future cases.

Hopefully this helps ease your fears.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

i'm not sure it is the 'wrong model' since my tv also seemed to be 805 after i first turned it on but then changed to 808

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

Oh My... I just hope my TV will return to life just like it was before I left it at the repair service.

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

@Anonymous - i am not a flamer usualy, but in this case, probably i wnt hear from SONY a thing never ever! 

maibe if my mother would emigrate in a decent country while we were in Golden Era but now ... we are doomd!

so ty for your effort! anyways i see that this happend only in my country (ROMANIA) and nothing like that in country's where SONY respect theyr costumers, i decided to buy SONY because the Japanese politics is fair, but this year i found out that they dont give a .... about roumanian costumers, so why would i pay 30% more euro's for a product only because it's SONY instead i l buy a cheap chineze bull $%#&^ and save lots of money and probably same quality.

so, for me,SONY is dead, the LAW'S in our country are so weak, they use this, and profit of our comon sense. 

AS i underline besfore i wont buy SONY again.

1 more reason: - was about to buy XPERIA XZ  1. blue for myself and 1 pink for my wife, we have Xperia Z3+ my wife's phone is getting too hot and i tryed to speack with service, they check the IMEI and told me is from Norway so i dont get any support from them, i l tell you all roumanian's this what they told me: - buy sony Xperia phones only from Vodafone- Orange - Telekom.

peace!

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

It is not just Romanian customers Sony doesn't give a ***** about... believe me...

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

Hi there, I just spoke with assistance (once again) regarding the 805C board.

They said that they are compatible boards for this model with the very same specs, that is should be only a matter of configuration when setting this motherboard by sony's technician.

They have offered me to get in contact with the techinician to come over my place and change this setting. I said that i'm agree about getting in touch with him again, i want to make sure that both boards are exactly the same. I won't take anyone's word other that facts on sony specs