Join now - be part of our community!

MODEL KD-49XD8077

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
malcypassat2008
New

MODEL KD-49XD8077

Bought this tv a few years ago and all the time I have had it it will not let me book in a future programe while operating on Youview mode this is very irritating and had I known this I woukd not have bought the tv.

I know I can book a future programe by disabling youview but why should I have too, and also the alternative has much smaller unreadable programe guide

Am I missing something obvious or is there a fix for this please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@malcypassat2008 wrote:

Bought this tv a few years ago and all the time I have had it it will not let me book in a future programe while operating on Youview mode this is very irritating and had I known this I would not have bought the tv.

In 2015 when Sony Android TV sets first came out, there was a prospect that YouView functionality would be increased as time went on. But by August 2016, when your model came out, it was pretty clear it wouldn’t.

How soon did you realise the functionality you were looking for was missing? Was the feature discussed at all during your buying process and were you misled over it?

In the early stages, you could have got it replaced with a make and model with the Reminder feature you seek (or was it Record you were after?), but it is a bit late now :slight_frown:

I know I can book a future programme by disabling youview but why should I have to, and also the alternative has a much smaller unreadable programme guide.

Lots of people disable YouView on these sets, especially now there is a way to get the itv and All4 Players back. But you are the first I recall as finding the Freeview EPG unsatisfactory. As to having to use the Freeview side to get Reminders and Recordings, it is what it is, and you just have to choose the least worst option for you.

Am I missing something obvious or is there a fix for this please?

No, there is nothing you are missing :cry:

And the fix, if you can call it that, is to get a proper YouView box (there are lots on eBay, quite cheap) and get your Reminders and Recordings on that.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@malcypassat2008 wrote:

Bought this tv a few years ago and all the time I have had it it will not let me book in a future programe while operating on Youview mode this is very irritating and had I known this I would not have bought the tv.

In 2015 when Sony Android TV sets first came out, there was a prospect that YouView functionality would be increased as time went on. But by August 2016, when your model came out, it was pretty clear it wouldn’t.

How soon did you realise the functionality you were looking for was missing? Was the feature discussed at all during your buying process and were you misled over it?

In the early stages, you could have got it replaced with a make and model with the Reminder feature you seek (or was it Record you were after?), but it is a bit late now :slight_frown:

I know I can book a future programme by disabling youview but why should I have to, and also the alternative has a much smaller unreadable programme guide.

Lots of people disable YouView on these sets, especially now there is a way to get the itv and All4 Players back. But you are the first I recall as finding the Freeview EPG unsatisfactory. As to having to use the Freeview side to get Reminders and Recordings, it is what it is, and you just have to choose the least worst option for you.

Am I missing something obvious or is there a fix for this please?

No, there is nothing you are missing :cry:

And the fix, if you can call it that, is to get a proper YouView box (there are lots on eBay, quite cheap) and get your Reminders and Recordings on that.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking