Join now - be part of our community!

Motionflow issue

profile.country.GB.title
Alex299def
Explorer

Motionflow issue

I find out something intresting about Motionflow in my KDL 50W755C. Motionflow not work in default or any other players when videofile have aspect ration other than 16:9.

72 REPLIES 72
profile.country.GB.title
Silverfr
Explorer

Hello,

Same as all above.

I Have the XE9005 and the motionflow doesn't work as it should be with aspect ratio other than 16:9 with android appli (Kodi, Vlc....).

Nothing has been done for this since July/August 2017. Should we have any support from Sony?

The motionflow works very well on Tv programs.

profile.country.GB.title
Mito147
New

Hallo from Austria (Europe),

SAME PROBLEMS.

3 days ago I bought 55xe9005 (55x900e) an noticed immediately that motionflow doesn't work with 90% material that I watch (streaming kodi, movies from usb...)

I purchased this TV because of very good motions performance (double interpolation).

NO UPDATE/FIX AFTER 7 MONTHS ????

I AM NOW CONSIDERING TO SEND TV BACK!!!

profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

If i were you, I would return it. I bought mine a year ago and since then I have experienced so many bugs and issues which havent been resolved at all. So even if sony were to release an update, there is no guarantee that the update would bring any relief. 

profile.country.US.title
egg_head
Explorer

Hello guys!

reading through all the comments made me worry. I was interested in buying xe9005 but now ... not so much :wink:

Is this motionflow problem also an issue on xe93 or xe94 ?

Cheers

Pawel

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

55XE8505 has this issue. But playing same video files via Sony BD-Player (via USB, connected to TV via HDMI directly) MotionFlow works great...

Did anybody of the ATV1 user update to Nougat and checked if the MotionFlow Issue is fixed?

Sony 65XF9005 - Sony STR-DN1070 - Apple TV 4K [Früher: Sony KD-55XD8005 - Sony KD-55XE8505 - Sony KD-55XF9005 - Samsung 55NU8009]

profile.country.SK.title
TheAndrew
Explorer

I already have new update v6.2858 (my TV 49XE9005), but still the same issue. Motionflow doesnt work in aspect ratio 2.40:1. I am so angry with SONY 😞

profile.country.RU.title
Izmenoff
Explorer

Guys!!

I solved the problem with vimu player https://www.vimu.tv/ or playmarket or you can find it for free on 4pda.ru

You should set in Options - output video to the texture.

Also motionflow works with VLC player (all hardware accelerations must be turn on)

Pleasant viewing!

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

I have also still the motionflow issue after update to V6.2858.

@Izmenoff, using VLC with activated HW acceleration do not help...

@all, are there any other Sony models which do not have the motionflow bug? The 55XD8505 not not have it but i mean one of the XE or XF series....

Sony 65XF9005 - Sony STR-DN1070 - Apple TV 4K [Früher: Sony KD-55XD8005 - Sony KD-55XE8505 - Sony KD-55XF9005 - Samsung 55NU8009]

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@mpiet1schrieb:

@all, are there any other Sony models which do not have the motionflow bug? The 55XD8505 not not have it but i mean one of the XE or XF series....

Suppose that all newer TVs based on ATV2 suffer from this issue. Sony has lately been screwing up Motionflow badly. Also see the 50fps frame skip issue on certain XE models.

You are really thinking about buying another Sony? The 3rd one? After all the issues you had and still have?

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

@Kuschelmonschterschrieb:

You are really thinking about buying another Sony? The 3rd one? After all the issues you had and still have?

Not buying... Sony offers me an replacement because they can not fix the MotionFlow issue for internal playback. This is a very bad news to the community.

I also checked to alternative TVs, Samsung 55MU8009 and Panasonic 58EXW784.

Samsung: Hugh motion issues using internal receiver, the forum community page has over 400 pages! Also other series are concerend. And they have a EPG issue, serial timers can not be set via EPG. And its seems that Samsung is also not able to fix such issue. Then i read that the Samsung TVs have also wake-up issue after power off via remote. So maybe same sh... like here.

Panasonic: Much more expensive, too big stand, deeper than my sideboard, glossy panel, we have roofwindow, maybe good picture quality but their motionflow on internal receiver looks not to be better as the sony motionflow. I am not talking about the issue from this thread, i mean in general watching to SD/HD content. Of course its only a short impression but i could not see improvment to the sony motionflow.

So for the motionflow issue of this thread i wanted to get a nvidia shield box. This will fix also the sh... passthrough issue and the some videos are stuttering issue.

At this moment i do not know what to do... Keep sony with the know issues or get new tv brand and cover out maybe other issue. I am tired of testing and reporting bugs.