Join now - be part of our community!

My Bravia TV KDL-43w805c

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Dracmyster
Explorer

My Bravia TV KDL-43w805c

Hello People 

Thankyou for taking the time out to read my question.

Yesterday (21st June 2015) i bought the Bravia TV KDL-43w805c,took it step by step followed all the onscreen options and downloaded latest update.

Now then i live in in the UK (Lincolnshire)

But don't seem to be able to get a BBC Iplayer app?

Also reading up here and there and i don't seem to have YouView either.

I had a freeview set top box before and to be honest i could get more variety out of that?

I cannot seem to find a Internet browsing app either and believe me I've been in every part of the system to try and find something useful ... lol

I also cannot record anything now?

My old TV had its day and sadly passed away,its always exciting getting a new TV and reading up of all the new features that you can use....But i cant use the ones i want to on this TV? I don't want to but i might have to run the old freeview box on it to get features this state of the art TV cant do .... how frustrating?

Anyways if anyone can answer my questions above i will be truly grateful im going abit insane?

All the best

JON :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

Thanks for your post. As per this article: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/more-features-coming-to-your-android-tv-soo....

BBC Iplayer and Youview are scheduled to be added to your TV via firmware update during the summer period.

We will keep you informed here on when exactly when we get closer to the date.

Cheers

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

Thanks for your post. As per this article: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/more-features-coming-to-your-android-tv-soo....

BBC Iplayer and Youview are scheduled to be added to your TV via firmware update during the summer period.

We will keep you informed here on when exactly when we get closer to the date.

Cheers

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
profile.country.GB.title
Dracmyster
Explorer

Thankyou for your speedy reply and putting my mind at rest All the best Jon P.S. Just watched my first ever 4k video BLOWN AWAY!!!! Thats all i can say
profile.country.GB.title
Stevevalo

Have you got Youview?

Have you got Record?

Have you got pause rewind live TV?
profile.country.GB.title
Dracmyster
Explorer

Nope Nope and Nope (sigh)

JD23UK
New

Any luck with getting these applications on your TV? Any chance Sony will proivde a usefil update?

windsurftom

where are these things

JD23UK
New

good question