Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix/Amazon Blank screens.

frdrink
New

Netflix/Amazon Blank screens.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow - where can/do I start with this one...

Fortunately Sony do not charge money for the amount of characters you type on these forums.  Therefore please be as descriptive and as accurate as possible in regards to your problem.  The more information you provide, the more likely someone can help you.  Also model number of device can also help.

Cheers

frdrink
New

With regards the post even an idiot could surmise that I had hit the post button before I had composed a post. I am not new to reading the forum, but I have never posted before and thanks to you reply I never will again!

I see that your moniker is 'EXPERT'.   Expert at what? Sarcasm. As far as I can see you are just a puppet for the Sony Corporation. I decided against posting anything about the disastrous software 'Android' which has blighted an otherwise well made and excellent product. KD55S8505C. Bought Jan 2016. 

Blank screen issues. Turning on itself. Numerous warnings about various Apps (which I don't use and have never even heard of). These messages have NEVER appeared until this latest update to Marshmallow. TV was actually running okay prior to the update although that was after numerous updates since Jan 2016 as you will be well aware! 

I dont expect (heaven forbid!) any useful help from this forum as it appears to be dominated by so called IT experts more interested in elitism and putting other users down, than actually helping ordinary customers. 

For the sake of completeness this comes from a self-confessed 'Sony' freak who has ALWAYS purchased their products for all my adult life. (59 years). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frdrink

I guess you got the automated email that somebody has responded to your post...  . 

Yes my post was sarcastic - I wont deny.  But it gets the message across.  I guess you didnt like that approach, and maybe it wasnt applicable to you - but there has been many from the 'twitter' generation that have posted, and to help them with little or no information is well... asking the impossible.  Maybe I was moody or something else at the time - hey I am only human after all.  But considering that you are not new to forums, as you know - there are times that they can be rather unforgiving.

I have previously raised the issue of preventing blank posts from actually posting - to prevent this type of thing too.  But appears it will take time for Sony to implement - if forum software allows.

Happy to let things drop if you are - And start again?

-------

Going back to your orginal problem of blank screens.  I dont know anything about Netflix as I have not seen anyone report this - but I have been experiencing initial blank screens with audio within the Amazon app.  Upon stopping the movie or TV show and pressing play again, the TV show will work.  This only happens on the first video I attempt to play upon loading up the Amazon app.  Is this the same or similar symptoms for you?