Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not loading

SOLVED
KevanMai
Explorer

Netflix not loading

I haven't been able to load Netflix or Google Play Store since about 21/9/16 - still waiting for Sony support to get back to me.

I've tried unplugging the TV, switching off my router etc. but nothing has worked. I can still use Netflix on my tablet, blu-ray player and PC, so I know it's something specific to the TV.

I've also tried forcing the app to stop and clearing data/cache but still no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KevanMai
Explorer

I've now done the factory reset and it appears to have worked - Netflix and Google Play Store both work now.

It's annoying having to put all my settings back in but at least it is working 🙂

Thanks to everyone that tried to help.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

have you try a Reboot of Android TV? Press OFF for many seconds.

If this not work you can also restore the TV.

Manolo

KevanMai
Explorer

The only thing I haven't tried is resetting to factory settings but I don't want to try this unless I really have to.  I've read in other threads that this doesn't work anyway.

I've cleared the Netflix app data and cache and rebooted using the power off button but there is no change.

Maybe Sony support will have a suggestion if / when they come back to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Is your ISP BT by any chance?

Cheers

KevanMai
Explorer

Hi - no, I'm not with BT, so it's not the problem some people have had with their 'parental control' settings.

Thanks for the suggestion though 🙂

Sony support suggest a factory reset, which seems to be their default position for everything.

It's a strange coincidence that Netflix and Google Play Store are the only apps that don't work - I can't help but wonder if it's a known issue that Sony are keeping quiet about.  I will leave it for a couple of days and if it doesn't sort itself out, I will have to do the factory reset and hope for the best.

KevanMai
Explorer

I've now done the factory reset and it appears to have worked - Netflix and Google Play Store both work now.

It's annoying having to put all my settings back in but at least it is working 🙂

Thanks to everyone that tried to help.

What settings do BT mess around with then please and how do I change them?

Thanks in advance

Phil

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Phillers1971

Please create a new thread on these forums - as it appears that your question/issue is totally different to this one, which has been marked as solved.  Also, please include more details - model number of TV and the actual problem you have.

Cheers

paulodlfc
Explorer

Hi I'm having the same issues. Was on phone to Netflix for 50 mins and tried all their trouble shooting methods... None worked. In the end I did a factory reset and this resolved the issue temporarily but to my annoyance the problem is back

When loading anything on Netflix it stuck around 25% then slowly moves up before getting a message saying content not available try another title. There is NO error code 

My TV model is KD-49XD8305

All my other apps work fine including YouTube and BBC I player etc

Please help! 

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

I had a similar issue last night, I tried clearing the application cache and rebooting, but still got an unable to contact Netflix error (-111).

In the end I had to clear all application data, and resubmit my login credntials and it started to work.