Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not loading

SOLVED
KevanMai
Explorer

Netflix not loading

I haven't been able to load Netflix or Google Play Store since about 21/9/16 - still waiting for Sony support to get back to me.

I've tried unplugging the TV, switching off my router etc. but nothing has worked. I can still use Netflix on my tablet, blu-ray player and PC, so I know it's something specific to the TV.

I've also tried forcing the app to stop and clearing data/cache but still no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Sony is aware of a Netflix issue:

Q:  We can’t launch Netflix, Error message is displayed What should we do?

A:  You need Sign in again to Netflix. Please try to this procedure.

1) Click on "More Details“
2) Click on "Reset/Sign out“
3) Sign in again to Netflix

PS: Error codes when trying to lauch are:

- Could not lauch Netflix, please try to restart (-111)

- Netflix encountered an issue, retrying in ....  code: ui-800-3 (100017)

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

Hi,

Netflix have also acknowledged the issue, see 'Android TV' over here:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/60850

paulodlfc
Explorer

Hi

None of these fixes have worked I have tried literally everything advised 

Thinking my TV is broken and may need returned 

paulodlfc
Explorer

20170419_183335.jpg

paulodlfc
Explorer

This is all I get after trying to play anything on Netflix. No error code just this message. Netflix works on my phone and tablet no problem. I can cast it to my chromecast on the tv upstairs no problem but it just won't work on my Sony TV 

paulodlfc
Explorer

Okay so I managed to get it working again!!! 

I UNINSTALLED the Netflix app updates 

This doesn't sound ideal though I wonder how long it will let me use an old Netflix app. 

Sounds like the problem then is the latest Netflix update

profile.country.GB.title
frankmoynihan
Explorer

Netflix wouldn't load for me (the wheel of death just kept going round), but other apps like iPlayer worked fine.  I saw the fix for other Netflix issues was to upgrade the sotware, so I followed the very clear instructions and it worked perfectly.  The only confusion I had was when i downloaded the software ZIP file on my Mac it automaticaly unzipped it. Very helpful but I couldn't check the size to verify it was the correct and complete file.  I downloaded it onto my wife's PC and saw it was correct. (I unzipped it and that's when I noticed it had been automatically unzipped on the Mac!).  So far I haven't noticed that any settings have been lost, which confirms what the update instructions say.

I have the KDL-32WD751 and it needed upgrading from v8.213 to v8.216.  However, I was surprised it was not upgraded automatically, as I have the auto update setting set to On.

Anyway, problem easily fixed, and I now know what to do if I hit a similar problem in future.

profile.country.GB.title
nigelrob1955
Explorer

i have a so y tv model kdl 43w805c will not load netflisk tried resets and software updates but does not work thinking of getting a new tv but not sony