Join now - be part of our community!

Now TV App

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Now TV App

Hi,

does anyone know if Sony/ Google intend to place a Sky Now TV app on Bravia Android TVs?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
rosenpete100
Explorer

I agree. I have a Bravia KDL42W706, but don`t seem to be able to find any way to load the app. I`m not even sure if a Now TV box will work!

Anyone else tried?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Of course a NowTV box will work, as I have said above.

It's just an HDMI-connected device, so why wouldn't it?

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
CDTDinas
New

Me too

I have managed to backload it onto a Firestick but it's the wrong size and unuseable

profile.country.GB.title
richardporter096
New

Hi

i have checked Google Play Store & there is no ‘ Now TV ‘ app there On my Sony tv.

can somebody advise me please ? 
thanks 

richard 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@richardporter096 

Get a Roku Stick, about £30, whack it in an HDMI input on the TV - done deal, gives you scads of apps these TVs don’t provide, including itv Hub and All4 for YouView refuseniks.

You could get a NowTV Stick cheaper, but the Roku has the edge on it.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

I have a roku stick connected for that reason but there are a few considerations if going that way

- do you go for a 4k roku stick eg to stay in the roku ecosystem and use it for netflix, prime and apple TV etc.as well as now tv and terrestial catch up apps.  The stick plus is the best but is more like £50 but was once briefly £30

- roku sticks are WiFi only

- not all of the apps on roku work in 4k / 5.1 surround  but most do. Ones that don't that I'm aware of are rakuten and Google play movies