Join now - be part of our community!

Prime Video - Cannot find 4k/HDR content category (KD-43XG809G)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
william1505
Explorer

Prime Video - Cannot find 4k/HDR content category (KD-43XG809G)

I can't find the 4k category. I scroll and scroll and there's no sign of it.

I believe my TV has the latest firmware and Prime Video Version is V5.2.13.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

AS I wrote the catalogue is managed by Amazon, sometime they may decide to have it and other not.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

There is not such a category in Prime, but your first contact should be them not Sony community...

Nonetheless have a look at specific Prime's own produced series to have the possibility to see something in 4k (i.e. Jack Ryan that is available also in Dolby Vision even if your tv does not support it)

profile.country.GB.title
william1505
Explorer

@rooobb I thought there was as other Sony TV Amazon Prime Video had it when they scrolled down theirs but not mine.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The catalogue is managed by the server , it is not related to the app version. Historically, unlike netflix, there was never a dedicated 4k section nor a select option for it

profile.country.GB.title
william1505
Explorer

According to this old post on a different model there was a 4k section, so wouldn't it be one now on a newer model and new app?

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/55xe9305-prime-video-no-4k-options/m-p/2454359#M27307

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

AS I wrote the catalogue is managed by Amazon, sometime they may decide to have it and other not.