Join now - be part of our community!

Picture quality, software-hardware problem

szebi62
Explorer

Picture quality, software-hardware problem

Hi,

I bought a KDL-55W809C television. The picture viewing angle is 0 degree despite in the technical data it's +/- 89 degree. Only if I sit straight of it the quality of the picture is acceptable. It's really awful, except old computer LCD display I never saw this so hard. I have an old (6 year) Panasonic LCD which have no problem with the viewing angle at all.

There is something to do with this?

The second problem is that the television freezing once a week. The front led is turn on when the television is off and after switch on there is no sound and no function from the remote work. Must to pull out the power cable to reset the television.

The third problem, that the television connected to a receiver with HDMI cable and the receiver connected to a PC also. When the television off it randomly reset the HDMI connection, sometimes 3-4 time in a minute, sometimes after 15 minutes.

Somebody have solutions for this problems? The seller has no help for any of these problems.

Now I feel robbed, this was the most expensive FullHD TV and it seems that it have an awful display and have software problems too.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

I have a slightly higher model but the symptoms you describe are either a faulty set, a failed software update or both.

Go to your home screen ( press the home button on your remote control unit) and go to the software update section...On mine it's in the menu but yours may differ.

Check the veersion number and ensure it's an up to date version.

If updating the software doesn't help then I'd be taking it back.  I have a 55" Android model and the picture quality is superb even when I'm sitting at an extreme angle to it.

Good luck

J

Jeffrey Cooper
szebi62
Explorer

Thank you for the suggestion, but the first thing what the technician made when he came with the tv (three weeks ago), he updated the firmware, I have the last one. Now (after I complained) he told me that soon will be a newer update (I don't belive to him) and also that the problem with Kodi. The picture is really good from the front, but I can't look it from the side (not more than 15-20 degrees), it make me cry. It's loosing contrast and became purplish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A new firmware update is indeed due to be released soon.  If/when you get this update and if it doesnt resolve your issue, contact the retailer you purchased it from and get them to exchange it.

Cheers

szebi62
Explorer

Hello,

Thank you for the update.