Join now - be part of our community!

Product Review Sony 55" X85C Series

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

Product Review Sony 55" X85C Series

I apologise if this has been incorrectly posted, but I couldn't find a dedicated review section. 

After just over over a year, and most of the bugs now ironed out, I thought I'd give my honest opinion on my 55" Bravia. 

I purchased my TV after a lot of research, and a narrowing down process. I wound up with three 55" options on my shortlist. The equivalent Samsung and LG were on it, as well as my final purchase: the Sony KD55-X8507C. 

Ive owned Bravia's before, this is my third, but brand loyalty played less of a role than features and quality. I knew from the start that I was entering a new world in television development, and that it might be a while before my new purchase would operate as it was designed to do. 

This proved to be the case. I started with Andtoid Lollipop, and remote response was sluggish at first, and several key features didn't work, or had bugs in them. I expected this and wasn't upset or angry. 

The tv now is quite simply the best I have ever owned. Right from the start I was astonished by the deep blacks and the colour of the picture. 3D is excellent, and it's worth buying the dedicated Sony glasses to take full advantage of the superb deep picture quality. 

I would recommend the the television to anyone, but would add that it's a lot different than a standard, internet connected set. 

Be be prepared to customise applications, install games, network streaming apps and more. 

One year on, the picture quality still blows me away, and although I use a home cinema setup, I've tested the tv speakers and they are really very good. The price point was where I wanted to be, and I have no complaints at all. 

Picture Quality 10 out of 10

Sound ( TV speakers) 8 out of 10

3D Quality 9 out of 10

Catchup TV 10 out of 10

Additional Features 10 out of 10

Build Quality the expected 10 out of 10

All in all, a very good experience. Highly recommended. 

As as a footnote I have since purchased my wife the same panel TV but without the 3D functions as she can't use them. 

Now tested and with the bugs pretty well ironed out, I'm delighted with my television, and it's been responsible for many late nights!

Jeffrey Cooper
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time in writing this review.  I have moved this post to the dedicated Android TV board as it was on the Home Cinema section.  I think when you register a product on the Sony site, it send you an auto-generated email to create a review of which it gets added to the particular product.  Although sometimes its good to have one directly on the forums itself too.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time in writing this review.  I have moved this post to the dedicated Android TV board as it was on the Home Cinema section.  I think when you register a product on the Sony site, it send you an auto-generated email to create a review of which it gets added to the particular product.  Although sometimes its good to have one directly on the forums itself too.

Cheers