Join now - be part of our community!

Random wake uip

MikeWatcher
Explorer

Random wake uip

I have just bought a KD43XD8088 and pleased with it apart from one thing.

TV works well but when  connected via optical connector to Denon DHT-T100 sound box. The Denon supports auto turn on when a signal is detected. It seems the TV is randomly sending a signal via the optical out connector, thus turning the Denon ON. This results in random but quite frequent speaker "pops" and clicks because they are treated as on/off or mute requests.

I don't see why is the TV sending ANY outputs when its turned OFF? 

Any ideas welcome!

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

Idea is to switch that off on denon.

I know...... but there's nothing else you can do.

MikeWatcher
Explorer

Thanks for the idea, but do you know why? Just spent thick end of £700 on a TV and it randomly turns on other devices! Surely that cannot be right!

I have for now turned off the auto wake up, but I should not need to do that.

Thanks

Mike

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

AFAIK, optical out is always ON and this sets are known for randomly waking up from deep standby or not even going into one and who knows what's going on inside at that point, android does some weird things, and probably also send some audio signal that triggers your soundbox. Did you turned of those system sounds? Not that it is the problem but nothing else comes to mind.

MikeWatcher
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestions on system siunds. I will double check they are all off. I hasve logged this with Sony support and they have suggested a factory reset, and power cycle plus latest firmware. I know it has the latest firmware ( as should they since I suppled the serial number and it left the factory with the latest only about 6 weeks ago) .

I doubt the reset or power cycle will change anything, but I will do both to be doubly sure and then see what they say.

Thanks