Join now - be part of our community!

Tv switches on/off instantly Bravia KD-49X8005C

neipike29
New

Tv switches on/off instantly Bravia KD-49X8005C

Hi I have a Bravia kd-49x8005c.  When I switch on at power socket the tv switces itself on and off constantly. the Sony logo is displayed the coloured dots start to rotate and then goes off. Then starts over again. I purchased the tv via Amazon. They have offered a full refund. The tv is only 8 months old and has had no issues to date.

Can anyone help? is there a quick fix?

Regards Neil

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Always difficult to advise without actually having the thing in front of you.

You could try holding down the standby button of the remote while the dots are circling. That might just force a reset.

Disconnect ALL external inputs apart from an outside aerial.

Also make sure the remote (or any other in the room) isn't transmitting on its own. Take them out of the room to be sure. Stranger things have happened.

If you exhaust all possibilities then a refund seems a generous offer.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Mooly01 wrote:

If you exhaust all possibilities then a refund seems a generous offer.

Or, as it is sometimes known, a legal requirement 🙂

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What you are describing is a fault with the TV and will need a service technician to replace the main board.  However as they are offering a refund - id take that, and then purchase a new TV :slight_smile:

Cheers

neipike29
New

Tv being repaired under warranty. Main mother board failed not impressed by quality I always thought Sony was a premium brand!!