Join now - be part of our community!

Recording Problems with 55xd9305

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
stevenhenry

Recording Problems with 55xd9305

Have problems recording on my 55xd9305 tv its connected to a WD MyBook HDD it is registered ok and records fine to begin with then the next day it is unregistered, have to pull the cable out the back of the MyBook then plug it back in then it is registered again. If i have programmes on a timer when it is unregistered they don't record and i get a recording error, it is annoying as i have to remember to check the MyBook before any timer recordings start does anybody know of a fix for this please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

That indeed got broken with Sony's Marshmallow based firmware The problem is now over a half year old and Sony does not feel the necessity to fix such key features.

You can find several USB issues inside my Sony bug tracker.

Also my review might be worth reading.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
stevenhenry

Can confirm with the latest update my hard drive can record now even with the tv having been in standby mode glad this problem has been fixed just waiting for the latest Android firmware and i will be happy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

That indeed got broken with Sony's Marshmallow based firmware The problem is now over a half year old and Sony does not feel the necessity to fix such key features.

You can find several USB issues inside my Sony bug tracker.

Also my review might be worth reading.

profile.country.GB.title
stevenhenry

Thanks for the reply guess i will have to put up with it at the moment hopefully it will be addressed in the q4 update

profile.country.GB.title
stevenhenry

Can confirm with the latest update my hard drive can record now even with the tv having been in standby mode glad this problem has been fixed just waiting for the latest Android firmware and i will be happy