Join now - be part of our community!

Remote Receiver not working KD49X8309C

profile.country.GB.title
philicibine
Explorer

Remote Receiver not working KD49X8309C

I have been in touch with support for several weeks now.  After my remote stopped working.

The remote itself works, I have tested it.  The problem lies with the TV itself.

Sony seem to think this is a software issue.  But I am not so sure.  I think it is a hardware issue.

It has been a month now, and my TV has been sat here not working as it should.  And all I ever hear from Sony is it is being looked in to.  It has been escalated no less than 4 times and still I am no closer to getting this resolved.

I can take it back to the retailer, under the sale of goods act they will charge me to take it to their workshop and look at it.

This is no good as I will be without a tv for even longer!  Why can't they send a rep out to me to look at it in my living room?! 

I am really unhappy about the seemingly non existent support I've been getting and this is going to make me think twice about buying Sony again.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This thread was escalated to Sony Support via one of this forums moderators.  You should have been contacted by Sony long ago - did everything work out? 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
philicibine
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for escalating.  Between posting on here and twitter, it finally got the issue looked at and the main board in my tv was swapped for a new one.

I was pleased with the eventual repair, however I am still not completley happy as the tv is now turning itself on during the night.  This seems like a software thing, so i am going to manually upgrade to the latest release tonight as it is not showing on my tv yet.  Hopefully that will fix it.

I really was happy with this tv, not so sure now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Certainly do update the TV with the new firmware.  If it still turns on at night, do a factory reset of the TV.  From comments on this forum, the switching on at night seems to happen 2 to 3 times and seems to stop there.  Unsure if this is the case with you though.

Let me know how things go anyhow.

Cheers