Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Corruption on SONY BRAVIA KD65XD8599BU

profile.country.GB.title
El_D1ablo
Explorer

Screen Corruption on SONY BRAVIA KD65XD8599BU

Ok long story short. today the Tv suddenly started displaying Screen Corruption

done everything factory restore E.C.T but what happens is during Factory Restore there is no screen corruption it only happens once the TV boots into its O.S

Now my unkle thinks that this is happening because we plugged my PC into his tv the other day and gaming mode broke the tv

i keep trying to tell him, its not because of gaming mode, but he has it set in stone its gaming mode that broke the tv and because of that they are never going to use the TV for gaming now

Why is the tv broken? and yes we have tried everything . the tv has screen corruption without anything plugged into it

Tomarrow the guys from Curries are going to come and take a look at the tv

im suspecting this has happend from a firmware update that may have happend overnight but he said he dont think the tv has updated

the tv basically looks like this now (this isnt a ***** of his tv i got it off google)

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony suspended the Marshmallow firmware update to your model TV some weeks ago, hence it cannot be an update that happened over night.  However something is not right on the TV - and to be frank, i suspect its hardware even thought it appears fine when factory resetting.  When factory resetting, the TV uses only the bare basics to display a minimalist picture on the screen. 

Please let us know how you get on with the repair.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
El_D1ablo
Explorer

What caused the hardware issue then?

also another thing is that the tv only displays options for the colour format Rec 709 instead of Rec 2020 

and in Windows 10 it had 1080p as the reccomended resolution 

another question is what's a good way to calibrate the tv as when I was playing battlefield 1 the screen was very dark compared to my own kdl w829b and the floors vibrancy looked allot more punchy on my w829b

i set the games internal resolution to 2160p but going back to 1080p resolution on the screen it looked the same

also my kdl w829b when watching films in sky had the black bars look washed out and grey. But plugged into my Amd Radeon r9 fury x set to FULL RGB & 12bit (12bpc) looks more vibrant than 4K HDR ... Which it shouldn't..

his tv is virtually brand new

whats a good free website for screen calibration that you guys use yourself. I usually just turn off all post processing and the tv passes most online free calibrators

still why did Windows 10 not recognise its native resolution as 4K and when I set the desktop to 4K the screen went black.. I had to set it back to 1080p 

and this was in gaming mode where I have seen on the Sony website is the only way to get the to be at the full 4:4:4 studio mastering quality setting?

profile.country.GB.title
El_D1ablo
Explorer

Also gaming mode was only enabled in hdmi 2

and the tv started to artifact about half a week after gaming on it

but it artifact end on HDMI 1

very strange .. This shouldn't ever happen on Sony TVs ....

profile.country.GB.title
rainbow106

Hi everyone.

Well if you have those lines and the tech experts at know how confirmed this well it defiantly a screen replacement .

profile.country.GB.title
El_D1ablo
Explorer

Would be nice to recieve an update on what was the problem with the tv and the cause,