Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Mirroring Lag - PC to XBR-55X850D (VIDEO INCLUDED)

profile.country.GB.title
unicycle25
Explorer

Screen Mirroring Lag - PC to XBR-55X850D (VIDEO INCLUDED)

I cannot get my Sony XBR-55X850D to screen mirror with my Dell XPS PC without significant delay.  Please watch the video and maybe you can help me understand what I'm doing wrong.

Troubleshooting steps I have done:

1. Reset the modem

2. Reset the TV

3. Reset the Computer (It is brand new)

4. Tested the computer with Samsung Smart TVs (works fine)

5. Changed the channels of my router (tried channel 1, 6, & 11 - no effect)

Weird Aspects of this Issue:

1. Screen Mirroring works fine with phones

2. PC screen mirroring works fine with Samsung TVs

3. The delay INCREASES as you leave it connected. 

Anyway, I hope anyone has ideas that might help me.  I'd really like to use this feature rather than hard wiring now and then.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @unicycle25,

I am used to extreme lag by using my Steam-Link to stream games from my Tower-PC to my TV one story below, yet this looks a bit excessive :rofl:

You could go and brew a coffee while you wait for the screen to follow your actions.

Jokes aside - even trough a wireless connection you shouldn't experience more than 2-5 seconds delay at max.

Though I have never used this feature on Windows 10, so I can't share my personal experience with it.

My only recommendation would be to try, if it is any faster if you use a wired connection (either via a CAT-cable directly from the PC to the TV or via a wired connection of both devices to the router).

Yet it is weird, that smartphones mirror perfectly and that it works with a Samsung TV without any problem.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Itom86

I have to say you are the lucky one! 

Since I have installed Nougat on my xd83 (nearly a year ago!) the screen mirroring doesn`t work from my computer. It is funny, because casting videos from the browser (hitting the cast button in the video) works fine, without any issue. I also cast my android phone perfectly, without any lag. It is just my windows 10 computer...

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@Itom86 schrieb:

because casting videos from the browser (hitting the cast button in the video) works fine, without any issue.

If you're talking about YouTube videos, then the button only triggers the YouTube app on the TV to open and play the same video - which is not even remotely the same as what @unicycle25 shows.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Itom86

Basically, any video (not only youtube) with Cast icon works perfectly. What we can see on the video, casting the whole computer doesn`t work for me at all. The TV is visible as an avaliable device, but the pairing always fails. So yes, I would be happy with a little bit of lag :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
luigi79_italy
New

Hi,

same issue but I have found a quite  easy solution.

Basically if you have a smart tv, you should have a device which runs an Android OS.

Therefore all "Android" smart TV must include Chromecast capability (not that sure actually..)

Anyway, I hope your Sony TV has Chromecast feature  :slight_smile:

Thus you follow these instructions you find below

https://www.lifewire.com/use-chromecast-to-show-windows-desktop-4129536

It worked fine.

Cheers