Join now - be part of our community!

Screen mirroring KD-55XE8599

profile.country.SE.title
d10a1v15s0c90n32
Explorer

Screen mirroring KD-55XE8599

Hi,

try to connect my Lenovo MIIX PC with Windows 10 to my Bravia KD-55XE8599 and it nearly works.

I can see my computers desktop bu tthere is a lag of around 30 second on everything I do on the computer and until it is showed on my Bravia.

Not much to have actually.

Regards

Dag

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In general there is lag when using Miracast technology to screen-mirror a PC to a TV wirelessly.  However 30 seconds is well.... massive.  Which is not normal.

First thing to do is change the wireless channel on your router. 

Next thing is - do you need to screen-mirror the PC wirelessly?  A direct connection using a HDMI cable is the way to go. 

The other thing is, do you need to screen-mirror at all?  If you are just watching movies etc from files on your computer, you can enable DLNA server settings within Windows 10 and stream content that way.

Cheers

profile.country.SE.title
d10a1v15s0c90n32
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

thanks for your answer.

Tried to change channel on my router but no success. I also toke the opportunity to upgrade the firmware on the router but still not any better.

I do connect my computer wireless to a Samsung TV and then its working very well so thats why I suspect that something is wrong with the Sony Bravia.

I whant to use the TV instead of a projector and my HDMI is broken on the computer, thats why I'm trying.

Regards

Dag

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Have you tried mirroring your phone screen? Just to check if you still get the same large time gap in the transmission. If it still happens sure it is the television. Personally I tried the mirroing few times with both Android 6.01 and 7.0 (only from the phone. My Mac doesn't support it) and rough quality apart the lag was acceptable.

profile.country.SE.title
d10a1v15s0c90n32
Explorer

Hi,

yes I've tried mirroring with both my phone and tablet and it works perfectly.

Dag

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

So as a summary:

1. Screen Mirroring from PC to KD-55XE8599 is approximately 30seconds lag
  2. Screen Mirroring from PC to Samsung TV = Fine
  3. Screen Mirroring from Phone to KD-55XE8599 = Fine
  4. Screen Mirroring from Tablet to KD-55XE8599 = Fine

Is that the case.  If so, considering the Phone and Tablet work, then the TV is fine.  But considering the PC works on the Samsung TV, then the PC is fine too.  So what to do, what to do....  Pass - I do not know.  You could try un-pairing the PC from the TV and starting again?

If you can confirm this is correct and unless other forum members can help, the only thing I can really do is pass this thread onto Sony Support.

profile.country.SE.title
d10a1v15s0c90n32
Explorer

Hi,

your summary is correct and I have also tryed with a total reset of my TV, but no success.

I beleive the error lays in Android. Thats the difference between Samsung and Sony.

Nothing to do then more than hoping for an Android update to come that perhaps fix the problem.

Tanks for your help.

Dag

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Well, I wouldn't rule out Windows 10 so fast. Or your specific Windows configuration. Another test to do would be to check if with another Windows 10 system (a laptop would do, so you don't have to move around a whole desktop!) it works.

I have a Mac but I may try to fire up a Windows 10 virtual machine, and see what I get from there. I'll keep you posted.

profile.country.SE.title
d10a1v15s0c90n32
Explorer

Ok, you are right. Tested with another Lenevo PC with Windows 10 and it worked just fine.

Updated my Wireless drivers and checked that I have the latest Graphic driver but still no success.

Any clues on where to look in settings and drivers? The mystery is still that it works on a Samsung TV.

Dag

profile.country.SE.title
d10a1v15s0c90n32
Explorer

Hi again,

found a mysterious "solotion" on the problem by accident. If I run a video in my Web-browser when connecting it works fine. Practically no lag!!

If I close the web-browser, while connected, the time lag appears again?!?

Is this making any sense to anyone?

Dag