Join now - be part of our community!

Slow start up on KD-43x8309c

Tracywt2
New

Slow start up on KD-43x8309c

Hi. I've just purchased the KD-43x8309c smart TV from Curry's and everything seems to be working ok except that it takes ages to start up each time. We don't turn it off at the wall, just press the green button on the remote, but it takes ages for a picture to appear, and to be able to navigate around the functions. My daughter has a Panasonic smart to and doesn't have this problem, is it something I'm doing wrong or is it a characteristic of Sony smart TVs? Many thanks for any help/advice. Tracy

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Booting an Android TV is really fast due to the fact that it doesn't really boot ma rather come out of a standby. You can see the difference when you plug it off the wall that the sequence is different (a Sony brand image, than the android balls rolling vs directly the home screen when you only push the green power button on the remote).

Said so, if as you have written just use the remote to switch off/on your TV and find it too slow (unless too slow for you is few seconds) you may try (after having checked that you have the latest firnware) to factory resetting your TV.

Tracywt2
New

Hi. Thanks for your reply. By slow, I mean it takes a minute or two before you can see a picture or access any functions. Once it warms up, it is quicker, but still not as responsive as my daughters Panasonic. May contact Currys tomorrow. Regards, tracy