Join now - be part of our community!

software updates

SOLVED
greylurch
New

software updates

hi, i have a kd49x8309c and do not have it connected to the internet, i use sky or my ps4 for this. however i still get update messages, is there a way i can turn these off as i am quite happy with my tv without the internet.

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you press the [Help] button on the remote control, scroll down to System Software update and select OFF for "Automatic Software Download".

If you want, you can also completely disable network connections on the TV - Goto the Network Settings > Advanced Settings and turn OFF "Built-in Wi-Fi"

However I would strongly advise you to update your TV once in a while as the updates to actually improve the TV.  You can manually do this if you want - see HERE

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you press the [Help] button on the remote control, scroll down to System Software update and select OFF for "Automatic Software Download".

If you want, you can also completely disable network connections on the TV - Goto the Network Settings > Advanced Settings and turn OFF "Built-in Wi-Fi"

However I would strongly advise you to update your TV once in a while as the updates to actually improve the TV.  You can manually do this if you want - see HERE

Cheers

greylurch
New

thanks for the info i will give this a go.