Join now - be part of our community!

Sonos auto source change with AG9

profile.country.GB.title
theviewer1985
Explorer

Sonos auto source change with AG9

Hey guys,

I have a Sonos Beam, and with my old LG Oled, it would correctly change audio source depending what's on screen. For example, if i am listening to music via Sonos and I turn the PlayStation on, the Sonos would automatically switch its source to the TV so to hear the PS4.

I recently moved to the AG9 and this no longer happens. I have to manually open the Sonos App and select TV. 

Any ideas what might be causing this? 

Cheers :slight_smile:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

How did you connect the soundbar to the TV?

If it is connected, as I assume, via HDMI ARC port, have you checked that bravia sync (HDMICEC on the soundabr) and ARC are enabled on both?

Did you try to disable eARC on AG9 in case it creates compatibility problem with the soundbar that is not compliant?

profile.country.GB.title
theviewer1985
Explorer

Sorry yes I should have explained that in my original post...

I plugged it into HDMI port 3.. which says "eArc" above it. I don't know much about this technology, but I am quite sure that is what Sonos recommends?

The soundbar used to work fine on my last TV, so I presume everything that should be enabled, is enabled. Which leaves your last point... disabling it on the Bravia.

I will try that and see what happens. 

But also, it isn't just the soundbar. When I turn off the PlayStation, id expect the TV to turn off with it - but it does not. Any ideas about that one...?

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

About the Playstation it is expected to work the other way round. If you turn off the tv it will turn off the ps. Or if you turn on th ps it will turn on the tv.