Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 3D problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Sony 3D problem

Hello everybody 

I'm new to all this so please bear with me! 

I have recently bought a Sony kd55s8005c tv & I have plugged all my accessories ps4 & 3D blu ray player into it using HDMI cables 

However I switched on my 3D blu Ray player & the signal come on the screen 3D signal detected,I switched my TDG-BR1003d glasses on but the screen was still blurry 

I don't think it is a problem with glasses because they worked with my old 37" Sony 3D tv 

any help would be much appreciated 

Thanks Mark 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately it is the glasses.  The glasses that you used with your old Sony TV (TDG-BR100) use infra-red to connect to the TV.  You will need to use the TDG-BT500A model glasses, as these connect via bluetooth instead.

Cheers

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately it is the glasses.  The glasses that you used with your old Sony TV (TDG-BR100) use infra-red to connect to the TV.  You will need to use the TDG-BT500A model glasses, as these connect via bluetooth instead.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Ok thanks for your help so I have to pay out for a new pair of glasses! Does anybody want to buy my old pair!?? Sent from my iPad
Terminus1973
Explorer

Are not the glasses..I have the same problem and I was buy the right glasses...pure and simple dosen't work. I am telling me every day how stupid I was to buy a 1500 euro Sony tv. Sony is the worst brand in this moment and I shall never buy sony in my entire life. No skype, no flash player, problems with 3d , no 2d to 3d conversion...and I can continue...

I am so deep disapointed about Sony and I am taking seriously the option to send back this jung tv and change it with a Samsung. shame Sony for what you became...

profile.country.GB.title
Penpal1999

I totally understand your opinion on Sony TVs Terminus. I recently purchased the kd-55x8509c, and got 4 pairs of Excelvan G05-BT. First problem, 3D option is not displayed for all feeds. I see it when watching Virgin TiVo, PlayStation 3 and YouTube app on the TV. Don't think is shows up on any other app installed on the TV. So cannot be used to watch my own SBS recordings from my NAZ, Kodi or BBC iPlayer.

The Excelvans work very well if only one pair of glasses are active at any one time. If a second or third set is switched on then you get really bad cross-feed, ghosting on all sets of the glasses. I think this is a problem with the TV, as my mate has the same glasses for his LG, and don't have the same issue.

Then the final nail, 4K 3D is not supported. You switch on 3D from a 4K SBS picture, nothing happens. The TVS ignores it.

Wish I had stayed with Samsung TVs and paid the extra £200.

lukcheck
Explorer

I have recently upgraded my Sony Bravia 3D TV from a KDL42W829 to a KDL43W809CBU due to a little accident at home. I have tried to watch a 3D movie on this new TV and the picture quality is rather poor and I think blurry would be the best way to describe it , however at times seems to be ok (very limited). I have updated the software on both the TV and the Sony 3D Bluray player however still no luck. I have also swapped the HDMI cables to see if it was them and changed the ports but still no luck. I do get a little message on the TV to say that there is a 3D signal so a little confused.

I can only think that it must be the TV as nothing has changed other than the TVs themselves. Any ideas on what I can do to rectify this issue? Has anyone else had similar? Do I need to replace the TV?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Do you have the original Sony 3D Active Shutter TDG-BT500A glasses?

lukcheck
Explorer

I think this is my problem. The last 3D Sony I had was passive and this one is active. I will invest in the glasses you have recommended and hopefully this (very simple) solution works...lol!

thank you for your prompt response. I will keep you posted

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

The 3d was very good, since the update that brought youview it has been terrible, downloaded two more updates since then including the update for the tv today 2nd of February it's still awful, re paired my glasses I have 2 pairs, tried to view 3d it just doesn't work anymore, the glasses turn themselves off after a minute. It's not like they work for the minute before they turn off,  I have even changed the batterys in them. 

RoxanneKerns
Explorer

SO have you tried Tv's 3D settings? Does all are working fine? Anything got changed? Test glasses with 3D settings and see if they are sync up.