Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
pye-eater
Explorer

On the full screen pop up problem.. Anyone else getting it on virgin media. I am now getting it on a few channels including 431 skypremHD. 

Worst TV I have ever had the misfortune  to own

tdk030276
New

I had this problem,found menu button on side of tv,pressed it for 5 seconds,until "demo mode off" came up on screen & it sorted the problem. 

Patrandec

There's a firmware update out now! Has anyone tried it yet? I'm stuck at work.  

imant64

I have the firware update underway .... will post back when its complete and I have tested.

imant64

New firmware update successful build is now ..

SVPDTV15_EU-user 5.1.1 LMY48E.S185 3.179 release-keys

Just played 45 ish minutes of Avatar 3D  (used to pop up for fun) and glad to report no "screen format: full"  popups,  would have said I was happy but after this long wait I am just glad its fixed.

Not check what else has been changed / updated / fixed (dare I say ... or broken) but it willnot be until tonight I get to check it out in more detail.

Hope others are fiding the same :slight_smile:

banus01
Explorer

sorry no good - just uploaded a new update and it has made NO difference to this problem on my 65" set

I still cant play any of my new 3d discs.......gravity, terminator or everest

i will give to the end of this month and then return this to John lewis - the store knows there is a problem and will exchange it - however, i £400 to have this set installed with cabling hidden and tracked into the wall - i will want compensation or the new instalation paid for too

banus01
Explorer

i will check again........

banus01
Explorer

sorry my error - my tv had not updated properly before trying, retrying now, although with very poor braodband it may take sometime

fingers crossed

imant64

Following my update above .... just skipped though a few more 3D BLurays ... and all good ... no "Screen Format: Full" pop ups.

As I said above will check out all other areas later tonight.

profile.country.GB.title
scchandler
Explorer

I have installed the UK update that arrived this morning on my SX85 TV.  (NOTE I had already cured the Screen Format: Full popup fault, by installing the Irish firmware upgrade last month)

1. The UK software does, fortunately, overwrite the Irish firmware and does appear to also cure the pop up defect.  Have only tested it with one 3D disc so far, but watched entire film with no popup.

2. This doesn't mean that the pop up issue will be cured with other TVs - I can only comment on my speciic model

3. The software is still RUBBISH however as HDD recording is STILL not implemented!!!  I called Sony immediately who said that they had been concentrating on "fixing bugs" (a DISGRACE that they have released these TVs with so many bugs!) and they said that HDD recording will be "introduced at the end of March"

To echo someone else's comment, this is like buying a brand new car and being told "yes the brakes are there and all the hardware to stop the car is in place... but we haven't released the software that controls the brakes yet, so you can drive the car but you just can't stop it, that's all"  SONY IS TRYING TO POSITION THESE DEFECTS AS "GLITSCHES" AND APPEARS TO BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE ACCEPTABLE DEFECTS.  UNACCEPTABLE!!!

For my part, the only things I use the TV for are watching 3D blu rays and HDD recording.  So, up until today it was 100% non-functional, now it is only 50% non-functional.