Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
profile.country.GB.title
Stevea007
Explorer

Me too

99miki
Explorer

Problem solved on 55W805c. After i performed power reboot, there is no more poping up of screen format: full in 3d.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@99miki wrote:

Problem solved on 55W805c. After i performed power reboot, there is no more poping up of screen format: full in 3d.

It will come back - that will not solve the issue as I and others have tried this countless times.

Please only post if you have something proven not a flipping reboot! This only hinders our cause as Sony will be reading this and thinking we are all dumb.

pye-eater
Explorer

65inch 4K tv doing the same thing on cable tv..... Lot of money on something that's not right..... Any fixes yet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Latest update is that Sony can reproduce this issue in their testings.  It has been passed to Sony Japan engineers to resolve.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi guys

Latest update is that Sony can reproduce this issue in their testings.  It has been passed to Sony Japan engineers to resolve.

Thanks

This is great news, any change it will make it for the Youview update?

Reppies
Explorer

We are having the same problem with our TV. Trying to watch a 3d film but every few minutes keep getting the screen format: full message at the bottom left hand side of the picture. This makes it totally unwatchable. Really annoyed that we can't now watch films on our very expensive TV, especially after Sony had the audacity to charge £50 per pair for 3d glasses (of which we had to purchase 2). I don't expect to not be able to watch a TV that we have only had for 5 months! Sony get this sorted out asap

ezeest

You must report this to Sony Customer support not just on this forum, that way we have a better chance of them taking action!

Sent from my iPad 2
paudanie8

Same issue on my 65X900C

profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

KDL-50W809C and PS4 with 3D Film playing.

Screen Format: Full pops up in bottom corner every 3-5 mins.

VERY ANNOYING. Only did this since last firmware update. Was fine before.

Only does this on 3D movies from HDMI PS4. Doesn't seem to do it with 3D side by side YouTube Movies.

Fix Needed Please sony.