Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55XE9005 jitter at edge of screen

Absurdity
New

Sony 55XE9005 jitter at edge of screen

Hi,

I've owned this TV for about a month now and in the last week or so it's had an intermittent problem with a thin bar, maybe 1cm thick, across the lower edge of the screen flickering.

I've attached an image here, the white dots here flicker and seem to be mirroring part of the screen from near the top (for example, when I opened the menu, this bar at the bottom contained a flickering image of part of the "Display and Sound" text from the top of the screen).

This occurs regardless of source, and does not disappear if the TV is switched off and back on. It eventually goes away on its own, but it's happened several times now so doesnt seem to be a one off problem.

20180706_231435.jpg

Really hoping it's an easy fix as I'd hate to have to replace the screen, and this is already a replacement for a defective Samsung I had to return.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Absurdity,

It is very unfortunate, but from what I can tell, you won't be able to fix that yourself. It looks like a hardware fault in the electronics off the panel. I suggest you contact the retailer where you bought the TV from and provide them the pictures.

This occurs regardless of source, and does not disappear if the TV is switched off and back on. It eventually goes away on its own, but it's happened several times now so doesnt seem to be a one off problem.

Your explanation describing the fault is key and important. So make sure you inform them about that. They must be able to arrange a quick replacement for you in most cases.

Again, very unfortunate, but these kind of faults can always happen due to the manufacturing process.

Cheers,

Dutchice