Join now - be part of our community!

New Reomte AF8 TV assign

profile.country.SE.title
Scooterqb
Explorer

New Reomte AF8 TV assign

Hi, 

I cannot assign the TV button on my remote to a particular input. Also the Apps button on the remote only goes directly to Sony Select. Can this not be assigned to My Apps? 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Scooterqb wrote:

Hi, 

I cannot assign the TV button on my remote to a particular input. Also the Apps button on the remote only goes directly to Sony Select. Can this not be assigned to My Apps? 

If you are running the YouView UI, then by design you cannot reassign the TV button.

But if you go over to the Freeview side, by disabling YouView, for which the how-to is in the FAQs posting at the top of this section of the forum, then you can reassign it.

I can’t help you with the Apps button, alas, but perhaps somebody else can.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.SE.title
Scooterqb
Explorer

Hi. I did a force stop on youvieein the apps section. I am not sure if this is correct. Problem is on the AF8 there seems to be no option whatsoever to reassign the TV button. Spent an hour on the phone with support, they could not help. Biggest issue is it defaults to the Google ay trailers stream in which I cannot turn off! 

profile.country.SE.title
Scooterqb
Explorer

Hi. I did a force stop on you view in the apps section. I am not sure if this is correct. Problem is on the AF8 there seems to be no option whatsoever to reassign the TV button. Spent an hour on the phone with support, they could not help. Biggest issue is it defaults to the Google ay trailers stream in which I cannot turn off! 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Scooterqb,

From your posts on different threads I understand that you are having issues with your new AF8.

First hold the POWER button on your remote pointing to the TV until you see the Shutting Down message. After the TV restarts, can you confirm that you currently do not have the following option in the Settings menu?

HOME > Settings > External Inputs > Customise TV Key

If the option is not there, it is due to activating the YouView service on your TV as mentioned already. The most fail safe way to opt out of the YouView service is to do a Factory Data Reset on the TV, then do NOT agree to use & activate the YouView service offered in the initial setup process.

In the event you still wish to disable the 'Google Play Movies and TV' app after opting out of the YouView service, go to HOME > Settings > Apps > Google Play Movies & TV.

1. Click Force Stop
  2. Click Clear Cache
  3. Click Clear Data
  4. Click Disable

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Just as an addition to my previous post, take note that if for whatever reason you prefer not to take the route of performing the Factory Data Reset, you could alternatively first try the following official method to opt-out of the YouView service:

1.     Press [Home] button on the remote control
  2.     Go to 'Settings'
  3.     Go to 'Channel Setup'
  4.     Go to 'YouView Setup'
  5.     Select 'Disable YouView'
  6.     Select 'Yes' to confirm

Perform a TV restart (HOME > Settings > About > Restart) just to make sure the change has been picked up and the Customise TV Key option is set to appear again in the Settings menu.