Join now - be part of our community!

Sony AF9 Android Pie update bugs and issues

profile.country.GB.title
Fuzyphil

Sony AF9 Android Pie update bugs and issues

1st February. New Android Pie update installed onto my KD55AF9 OLED. The good: Dolby Atmos is very good and the Apple Airplay is working well. The bad: Android Pie new layout in operation is not so good. Having issues with pop up menus not behaving as expected.

For example Sky+HD. The main buttons on the remote such as pause play back work ok however when the TV button is mapped to the Sky box it brings a new pop up menu up on screen that is next to useless. None of the onscreen buttons work (and I do mean all) do anything at all. They are completely pointless. My Sky+HD box is the Amstrad DRX890-Z.

There is an option to specify the make and model of the Sky Box but it makes no difference. The onscreen functions still don’t work as expected. Additionally on the previous Android Oreo the Favourites buttons could be mapped to the box and would switch over to channels when selected. Under Android Pie the option to add anything external to the Favourites menu doesn’t exist. The attached photo is an example of the pop up buttons that suggest a lot but do absolutely nothing!! Another annoying issue the OK Google feature it works well but is not independently configurable to limit the volume. It’s about 10% louder that what you are watching on the television. A max volume feature would be good as the responses can be be unexpectedly loud.

5212404C-1F1E-4954-8086-95867C2F183A.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Fuzyphil

I'm not able to reproduce your problem, but it may not be only your setup that's behaving this way. If you contact the Sony support team they may be able to shed some light on it. 

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Fuzyphil

Issue submitted to Sony. Will post there fix if there is one...

profile.country.GB.title
Fuzyphil

Just a thought. Wondering if it’s worth disconnecting all attached devices then factory resetting the TV then plug the accessories back in one by one such as my Sky+HD Box, reboot, then PS4. Maybe the HDMI is getting mixed messages from historic connections. 

profile.country.GB.title
domyates
Explorer

I'm having a similar issue to you, but I've got 2x rows of options on my menu (as opposed to your 1x row)... how do I get rid of the bottom line or customise the selectable options?

55" screen size btw and DRX890 box also.

profile.country.GB.title
Fuzyphil

I have had a reply from Sony support. Haven’t yet tested this myself but will do when time allows. This may help someone else so I am posting it here as well.

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

We are sorry to learn that you are facing such issue with your TV after the update.

In attempt to resolve the issue, please find the troubleshooting steps below:   

1-Disconnect any external devices connected to the back of the TV.

2-Unplug the main power cord of the TV, and plug it back after 2 minutes.

3-Clear Cached Data & Reboot the television:  

Press on: (home - Settings - Storage & Reset - Internal Storage - Cached Data - Select Yes to clear it).

Press on the green power button for more than 5 seconds until a message appears on the screen " Powering Off " or " Shutting Down".

4-Perform a factory reset:

(Home-settings-storage and reset-factory reset-erase everything).

Initial Set up:  

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors/articles/00122502 

5-Enable Bravia Sync

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00126149 

profile.country.GB.title
Derharne
Explorer

KD55XG8796

I'd reset my TV after the Pie update and I had the same issue with the on screen buttons not responding to anything.

I tried everything, (Bravia sync, different HDMI socket) then I paired my remote using bluetooth, not just using IR, all of sudden the buttons started working again.

Not sure if this helps