Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XF9005 Remote stopped working

profile.country.GB.title
Clivey69
Explorer

KD-55XF9005 Remote stopped working

Remote stopped working and did a factory reset but TV now stuck in setup mode as I can’t select language, TV is 8 months old!!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you check if it is emitting infrared by checking it against a smartphone camera? Probably the easiest solution could be to change the batteries. If it is broken just contact Sony support to have it changed.

profile.country.GB.title
Clivey69
Explorer

Hi, Yes I’ve tested signal from the remote and all working fine, Reset tv and no change but also done a factory reset. The remote voice commands work on the tv just no response from any of the buttons on the remote,

Regards

Jason

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try what is remaining of the Sony triage for remote (basically removing the batteries in order to reset it) https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00226507

I do not understand how did you test the bluetooth connection for voice command if your tv is stuck on the installation procedure...

profile.country.GB.title
Clivey69
Explorer

Hi,

Sorry tested new batteries and reset remote, The voice control was tested and working before I reset the tv, But I don’t think it’s the remote and think the tv is not receiving the signal from the remote,

Regards

Jason

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Yes it can be the receiver...