Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia Android (2015?) firmware rollback procedure

Tarzion

Sony Bravia Android (2015?) firmware rollback procedure

I got the following instructions from Sony for rolling back the firmware on my X90c but I haven't been able it working past step 8.

1- Make sure you have a USB memory device at hand with at least 1 GB of memory and format it, selecting the FAT32 file system
2- Download the recovery software package and unzip the file
3- Copy the extracted file to the root directory of the formatted USB memory device
4- Turn on the TV set
5- Insert the USB memory device into the USB slot located at the side of the unit
6- Pull out the power plug and wait for at least 10 seconds
7- Reinsert the power plug
8- Press the key to turn the unit on and confirm that the LED under the SONY logo at the bottom of the TV set turns on in green
9- After 20 to 30 seconds, confirm that the LED starts blinking in amber color. LED blinking indicates that the firmware update is installing
10- After 1 to 2 minutes, the LED should stop blinking. Press the key to turn on the TV
11- If the SONY logo appears on the screen and the LED turns on in green, the recovery software installation was successful.
12- Pull out the USB memory device from the TV
13- Finally, we recommend updating to the latest firmware for your Bravia TV by going to this page and following the update instructions

IMPORTANT: During the firmware installation process, do not remove the USB device, switch off the TV set or remove the power plug.

Below is the link for downloading the recovery software:

download.sony-europe.com/pub/tv/ITC3_RECV_STEU1.ZIP

Please post in this thread if you manage to get it working.

7 REPLIES 7
Tarzion

Seems nobody tried this procedure. 😞

There has been no response from Sony and I am really at the end of my wits having to power off my TV for extended periods of time in order to get it working.

I love this TV and would have somehow put up with it if I didn't have this particular issue. But having to endure this issue till the end of Feb (no guaranteed as CS told me end of March 2016 for this fix) is a no go.

Sony should concentrate on fixing the serious issues first and release smaller regular updates rather a big one, which seem to introduce additional bugs.

I guess I will have to send the TV back to the retailer.

profile.country.GB.title
Guff666
Explorer

Did you ever get anywhere with this, or did you send the TV back?

I have the same issue following the upgrade to 6.0.1.

profile.country.LV.title
patciantar
Explorer

I tried this now and it still didn’t work. I tried all 3 USB ports and even tried pressing volume down and power to get to the green LED but then it just continues back to the reboot loop.

I will try again with a different usb drive and also try copy the pkg file from a windows machine.

Do you have any other suggestions please?

profile.country.US.title
peronmls
Explorer

I’m attempting this now for Sony A1s broke firmware. I too am also having trouble installing the recovery tool and firmware.

profile.country.GB.title
Rumen07
New

Any one had a success with rollback firmware? I'm with KD-55A1 and need information to rollback.

darioff
New

Hi,

Does the recovery software in the link work for TV model KD-43X8309C?

My TV is in a reboot loop and I was thinking about trying the firmware rollback procedure since nothing seems to work. I have already tried the factory reset (hold volume - and power keys while pluging the TV to the wall) and updating firmware via USB without success.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Divan.hon
Explorer

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Sony TV KDL-55W805C

The attached file cannot be downloaded. How do I restart her?

Thanks