Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-43XF8096

profile.country.GB.title
---Spc

Sony Bravia KD-43XF8096

Does Sony include drivers for this chipset ?

https://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pItemdetail&PItemID=131;71;112&PLine=71

USB 3.0 > GbE

If not, can we get included drivers with new android update for XF80 - XF90 series ?

android.hardware.ethernet is presend, but i can't check which drivers are there.

I also don't get it why do all 4k TV sets only have 100Mbit/s network cards, as 4k HEVC movies are mostly 125mbit/s or above.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.RO.title
Futerix
Explorer

Hello,

Got same TV today, this is a great question.

Because i got an older TV W808 i've purchased few years ago a good rooter with AC and all my TV are in 5Ghz and get a big juice of speed instead of be limited to 10/100 on cable. This will be faster thant implementig GBT via usb 3.0 :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
---Spc

I also have AC wifi, i have tried it, television connects at 866Mbit/s but, if i stream m2ts from SMB, file (HEVC) in VLC player, video stops more often than on 10/100 ethernet, so this is not a solution.

If i put the file on notebook disk 5400rpm, NTFS, and connect it via USB, video plays without any problems.

But this is also not a solution as i have to copy every 4k movie on disk if i want to watch it without stops, also why not use samba shares and local gigabit network ?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Only uhd BD can reach 100mbps bitstream (see here I.e. https://hometheaterreview.com/ultra-hd-blu-ray/ ) and you better use a player for that scope.

Most of any other compressed 4k content would stream correctly over a 100mbps wired connection. It depends also on the speed of the server sharing it over Dlna of course. On android tv you have also a wide choice of player using smb shares (I.e. archos player or Vlc) though the quality of video stock app is still the best.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Btw vlc is not the best option to stream a content....

profile.country.GB.title
---Spc

Why would i want a bluray player if i have 4k TV capable of playing HEVC ? why do i want to watch compressed video when i can get full quality ?

Also i recorded Isle of Wight Festival from satellite (uplink) and it was broadcasted in HEVC 120Mbit/s 4:2:2 RExt 10bpc with Dolby-E 16 channel suround sound which makes it over 130Mbit/s.

So no, UHD BD are not the only source of above 100Mbit/s video.

I do not use DLNA, i only use samba (File and print sharing), my servers always hit 118MB/s (944Mbit/s) or more.

Best way to stream a content is Windows with MPC-HC and nvidia graphics so it can use CUDA for video acceleration and MadVR for picture.

But then TV's are useless as they cant support any 4:2:2 codecs or get gigabit speeds over ethernet.

Tags (1)
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

That's the way it is. Full quality 4k video are not meant to be streamed over the network.
Regarding the satellite broadcast if you recorded them via the tv tuner they will be on an attached usb drive and will be played back by the tv. 
The 100mbps Ethernet link do not cover 100%  use cases but most of them.
Try another player other than vlc for those video that do not play correctly but are still under the 100mbps cap
profile.country.GB.title
---Spc

Videos that are under 100Mbit play correctly, like HD blurays for example.

For recording uplinks from satellite i mostly use Windows Server and linux and store files on local NAS servers.

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi ---Spc,

I'll see if I can find this out for you. Maybe someone else in the community can help in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
---Spc

Thanks.